Anybody know if the servers for MW3 on the PS3 are still active?

General and high profile video game topics.
Paul Campbell

Anybody know if the servers for MW3 on the PS3 are still active?

Postby Paul Campbell » May 16th, 2018, 12:41 pm

My friend and I were reminiscing the other day about how much we liked the Special Ops mode of the PS3 Modern Warfare games, and that got us wondering if we would still be able to dust off our PS3s and give it a try. Unfortunately for me, doing so would require me to buy a used PS3 because my last one died on me. I'll happily do this in order to play those games again, but I don't want to go through the trouble or the money just to discover that our worst fears about the future of gaming are realized and the game is essentially useless except for a single player campaign. Can anybody check for me or does anyone have information about this?

Paul Campbell

Re: Anybody know if the servers for MW3 on the PS3 are still active?

Postby Paul Campbell » May 21st, 2018, 2:36 pm

Can anyone that still has a PS3 and Modern Warfare 3 do me a solid and pop that game in and try to play special ops online?

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » May 21st, 2018, 6:52 pm

Paul Campbell wrote:Can anyone that still has a PS3 and Modern Warfare 3 do me a solid and pop that game in and try to play special ops online?

https://www.truetrophies.com/game/Moder ... 3/trophies it seems to be live still.
This is a good site to join if you want to play other people and get trophies or sample the delights of MP.
If you can wait until the second week in June I can see if I can get a copy of it. Mysterium2017. You can add me.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » May 23rd, 2018, 6:16 am

I can't vouch for PS3, but it still works for all 3 Wii versions, including MW3. I played Modern Warfare 1 online on Wii last night. A few months ago I was playing Black Ops 3 online on PS3. Given that the PS3 versions are more popular than the Wii ones, it would shock me if those weren't also all still up.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » May 23rd, 2018, 10:26 am

Atarifever wrote:I can't vouch for PS3, but it still works for all 3 Wii versions, including MW3. I played Modern Warfare 1 online on Wii last night. A few months ago I was playing Black Ops 3 online on PS3. Given that the PS3 versions are more popular than the Wii ones, it would shock me if those weren't also all still up.

It is live. I checked on True Trophies.
Though if you want to play any of the resistance games online you are out of luck. The once pinnacle of PS3 FPS has now sank without a trace.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » May 27th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Awesome. Thanks guys.

Return to “Video Games General”