E3.. The Hype Begins.

General and high profile video game topics.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

E3.. The Hype Begins.

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » May 17th, 2018, 11:34 am

It's May the 17th.. And while it is early, The Hype train for E3 this year seems to not be losing any steam but rather is picking up steam with four games that have been pushed to be shown at live reveals: CoD Black Ops IV, Battlefield V, Spider-Man, and Super Smash Bros For Nintendo Switch. (I'm probably late on the draw again)

The following people have press conferences throughout the event:PC Gamer, Bethesda, Square Enix, Ubisoft, Microsoft, EA, Sony, and Nintendo with special appearances by Gearbox Software, 3D Realms to show off what might be one of the most long awaiting games I have hoped for:A spiritual successor to Duke 3D called Ion Maiden and with Gearbox, A new Borderlands and a new Duke Nukem game.

In addition to the big four being shown, the following games are to be shown off at E3 this year (Not complete list) though: Metro Exodus, RAGE 2, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Cyberpunk 2077, Serious Sam IV, Forza Horizon 4, Splatoon 2, Death Stranding, Ghost Of Tsushima, The Last Of Us Part II, Kingdom Hearts 3, Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, Beyond Good And Evil 2, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and Age Of Empires IV.

I usually haven't cared much about E3 since I wait until games are out but seeing Ion Maiden, A game that will be a true game like from the 1990's has got my attention more than what Duke Nukem Forever did in 2011, The question is.. Is the hype train worth following or is time to take a breather and wait after the show to see what's coming next? :?: :!:

BanjoPickles

Re: E3.. The Hype Begins.

Postby BanjoPickles » May 17th, 2018, 4:15 pm

I think that the hype is justified this year. There are games that we're definitely going to learn more about (Smash Brothers, Last of us 2, Metroid Prime 4, etc.) and then there are the games that we'll most likely be hearing more about (Final Fantasy VIIR, Red Dead 2). It'll be interesting to see the effect of the Switch's robust sales; it's obvious that we won't be seeing games like Red Dead 2, but there are other games that could easily pop up (GTA V? Fallout 3? Red Dead 1?).

I'm mainly excited about Nintendo's Direct, but I'll be tuning in to watch Sony's conference as well.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » May 17th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Why would Splatoon 2 be in that list?

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » May 17th, 2018, 8:27 pm

I can't get hyped for E3 anymore. I'd love to, but it seems like every year the games media grabs some political idea or some idiotic "is the future here" technological focus and beats everyone over the head with it the whole time until you want to vomit. Without any good coverage and then just the press conferences themselves, all you're left with is some boring slideshows about the latest pixel count on a butt cheek in the newest Call of Duty. Until someone, somewhere starts to produce good coverage again, I'm mostly out. I'll likely watch some press conferences at some point, but I'm not particularly excited about any of them.

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » May 18th, 2018, 3:16 am

Paul Campbell wrote:Why would Splatoon 2 be in that list?

Because of the supposedly pretty hefty Octo Expansion DLC coming out later this year.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » May 18th, 2018, 7:59 pm

https://powerup-gaming.com/2018/05/17/n ... nite-leak/

Here's a supposed Nintendo leak. Hope it's true, but we'll see soon enough.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » May 23rd, 2018, 10:50 am

I too skipped out on E3 in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2016 because there weren't any games being advertised at all that I like, 2013 I watched because of GTA V and 2015 because of the announcement to revive Shenmue with Shenmue III, Since E3 opened it's doors to the public for the first time last year that might change how the game companies see the players who are watching with open eyes.

I know that at various times, The companies have humiliated themselves like the infamous 2013 Xbox One announcement and the horrible Nintendo Wii title Wii Music's reveal, Aside from that E3 has been average ever since the rise of the modern console and what's interesting is how the consoles at times seem to beat out the PC at an average of 2/1 but that's not really important to me.. What's important is these companies delivering on promises... That is if they don't break them like glass. :evil:

Return to “Video Games General”