Anyone still favor "wired" controllers?

General and high profile video game topics.
AtariToday

Re: Anyone still favor "wired" controllers?

Postby AtariToday » July 5th, 2018, 7:09 am

I prefer wired. Just like the remote for the television, I will set a wireless controller down and then I can't find it without doing a search later when i go to use it again. With wired I just keep the controllers plugged into the system and wrap them up when i'm done playing.

Rev

Postby Rev » July 5th, 2018, 6:04 pm

I just bought a wired Xbox 360 controller to replace the my wireless one. I hate having to search for batteries, charge, etc and I just prefer long wired controllers.

The only console I absolutely hate the wired controllers is for my Turbografx and PC Engine... the controller cable is soooooo short... I think I'm going to buy an extension cable from a modder as I've heard good things about those.

Not that this matters much anymore, but there tends to be a slight input lag from them as well... However, for 99% of gamers this isn't a big deal... really only if you play competitively.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 7th, 2018, 2:05 pm

I don’t miss wires a bit. I prefer the controllers with the built in batteries though. I have rechargeable AA’s but it’s annoying to have to take them out and put them in the charger with the Xbox One. I find it absurd that they still don’t have built in batteries on their controllers. PS4, Switch and Wii U are great. I rarely have to think about the controllers. Every once in a while I’ll just plug them in to charge them; very rarely do I even get the low battery indicator.

Return to “Video Games General”