Atari VCS is a scam!

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Atari VCS is a scam!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 8th, 2018, 4:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qho51UscRU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLMl4bV0Xow and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajd8WuE9_pk

This is the biggest scam sense the Retro Chameleon. I can not believe it has gotten 2.7 million from the indiegogo! We should tell people to protest this crap because it is the worst scam ever!

Sut

Re: Atari VCS is a scam!

Postby Sut » June 9th, 2018, 4:25 am

To try and be balanced there is a lot of rumour swirling around. Some game commentators on YouTube are sometimes akin to gaming versions of SJW’s always looking for a crusade or something to get up in arms about. They are NOT a source of citation.

Let’s wait and see is my humble opinion.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » June 9th, 2018, 11:09 am

Sut wrote:To try and be balanced there is a lot of rumour swirling around. Some game commentators on YouTube are sometimes akin to gaming versions of SJW’s always looking for a crusade or something to get up in arms about. They are NOT a source of citation.

Even Atari admitted that their Atari 4000 footage was not running on the VCS. AFAIK, here has been no actual gameplay footage of anything on the VCS.

I don't know that it's a scam, but Atari was being misleading because they have nothing to show at this point, and were rightfully called on it. You can't blame Youtube.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 9th, 2018, 11:18 am

Sut wrote:To try and be balanced there is a lot of rumour swirling around. Some game commentators on YouTube are sometimes akin to gaming versions of SJW’s always looking for a crusade or something to get up in arms about. They are NOT a source of citation.

So I should not take YouTubers for grant then?

Sut

Postby Sut » June 9th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:So I should not take YouTubers for grant then?

Some of them are sensationalist, remember it’s about number of views for them to make money. It’s the video equivalent of click bate.

That’s not to say there aren’t some valid opinions on YouTube because they are, just remember some tubers are just about the hits combined with a bit of narcissism.
You can tell who are in it for the hobby and scene and who is in it for the money/hits.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 9th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Sut wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:So I should not take YouTubers for grant then?

Some of them are sensationalist, remember it’s about number of views for them to make money. It’s the video equivalent of click bate.

That’s not to say there aren’t some valid opinions on YouTube because they are, just remember some tubers are just about the hits combined with a bit of narcissism.
You can tell who are in it for the hobby and scene and who is in it for the money/hits.

I get what you are saying?

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » June 9th, 2018, 8:29 pm

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » June 10th, 2018, 6:31 am

Remember the Ouya? It got 8 million dollars. What about my mega console the gamestick. 600k about a million dollars. Both of them sank without a trace. The Ouya's biggest selling title only sold 7000 copies.

Now in walks Atari (infogrames really) and says that it is going to make this great new console. It fakes a programmer play testing Tempest 4000. I knew it was a fake by the set up. If you look at their indiegogo site you will see the clip which they will not allow to go to full screen. That is the big thing here. I asked myself why then I looked at the set up and it was obvious this Atari box was not plugged it. As such I thought it looks like it is running off a pc. Guess what? I was right. Now they have claimed it is for illustration purposes only.

So there you have it. They do not even have a working prototype.

If any of the normal readers on here want to get one, still. Please PM 400 dollars to I can get myself and Xbox 1 x as you must be gullible. So much so you would give cash to someone off the internet!!!

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » June 10th, 2018, 10:33 am

I lost interest in the whole "project" at least a year ago when someone pointed out that the guy running the whole show was the same guy who sold some insanely overpriced wristband that supposedly kept all your profiles and game saves on it so you could play on your friemds' consoles. In the end it was nothing more than a $100 thumb drive, and the delays were Neverending. I'm pretty sure a ton of people never got their wristband or their money. But it's been a while so...

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » June 11th, 2018, 7:36 am

Paul Campbell wrote:I lost interest in the whole "project" at least a year ago when someone pointed out that the guy running the whole show was the same guy who sold some insanely overpriced wristband that supposedly kept all your profiles and game saves on it so you could play on your friemds' consoles. In the end it was nothing more than a $100 thumb drive, and the delays were Neverending. I'm pretty sure a ton of people never got their wristband or their money. But it's been a while so...

Is that the Atari games watch? It was supposed to be delivered last September and even now nothing has been physical has been made or released.
They are now talking about refunds on the crowdfunding site.

Return to “Video Games General”