EA still hates the Nintendo Switch in 2018!

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

EA still hates the Nintendo Switch in 2018!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 9th, 2018, 3:41 pm

I understand super demanding stuff like Battlefield V and Anthem.

But EA did not bother giving the Switch Unravel Two, Sea of Solitude and even sport games like this year Madden and NBA Live!

More reasons to hate EA as they don't care for the Switch.

Your guys thoughts on EA support of the Switch?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: EA still hates the Nintendo Switch in 2018!

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 9th, 2018, 6:41 pm

I'm not surprised because the Switch doesn't support the model EA is pushing. They want to move away from physical media and focus on digital (preferable subscription-based) title.

To EA, the idea of cartridges is a huge step backward. It implies they would need to release a full-featured game that has been properly tested. They haven't done that in years.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 9th, 2018, 7:32 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm not surprised because the Switch doesn't support the model EA is pushing. They want to move away from physical media and focus on digital (preferable subscription-based) title.

To EA, the idea of cartridges is a huge step backward. It implies they would need to release a full-featured game that has been properly tested. They haven't done that in years.

Tell me about it as the Switch version of FIFA 18 from last year was a terrible port based on the PS3/Xbox 360 versions even though more demanding stuff such as Unreal Engine 4 and Doom 16 on id tech 6 are way more taxing on hardware then Frostbite 3 which ran on the PS3 and Xbox 360 BTW. And this year it is still a gimped port which is inexcusable!: http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/31/fi ... ite-engine

I am avoiding EA Switch support like the pleg because they hate the Nintendo Switch!
Last edited by Sonicx9 on June 10th, 2018, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 9th, 2018, 7:42 pm

They also say the system is hard to work with yet others say it is easy to work with shows how much they hate the system. https://t.co/EyjDwQUEY3

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » June 10th, 2018, 12:29 am

After the stunt they pulled with Battlefront, I could care less. Let them completely drop support. They’re a lousy, boring, regressive company anyway. I lost interest in them when I realized that they would never touch Fight Night again, and I vowed to never give them a dime of my money again when they busted out the loot boxes.

I watched their conference, just because I try to watch every conference, every year. That conference embodies everything that I hate about modern gaming: the dudebro professional gamers they trotted out, aiming for a regressive future disguised as progress (cloud gaming? Pass!), that obnoxious female speaker whose knowledge of gaming probably doesn’t extent past Call of Duty, and a very vanilla assortment of games (Unravel 2, the highlight, looks like a Little Big Planet knockoff). The fact that they had to offer up a non-apology for the loot boxes was just a reminder that I did the right thing by writing them off. I see them as the gaming equivalent as the obnoxious jock who drinks too much and whose idea of a good time is cow tipping.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 10th, 2018, 3:02 am

BanjoPickles wrote:After the stunt they pulled with Battlefront, I could care less. Let them completely drop support. They’re a lousy, boring, regressive company anyway. I lost interest in them when I realized that they would never touch Fight Night again, and I vowed to never give them a dime of my money again when they busted out the loot boxes.

I watched their conference, just because I try to watch every conference, every year. That conference embodies everything that I hate about modern gaming: the dudebro professional gamers they trotted out, aiming for a regressive future disguised as progress (cloud gaming? Pass!), that obnoxious female speaker whose knowledge of gaming probably doesn’t extent past Call of Duty, and a very vanilla assortment of games (Unravel 2, the highlight, looks like a Little Big Planet knockoff). The fact that they had to offer up a non-apology for the loot boxes was just a reminder that I did the right thing by writing them off. I see them as the gaming equivalent as the obnoxious jock who drinks too much and whose idea of a good time is cow tipping.

I agree 100%, and that press conferences sucked. EA is the anti-Sega, Bethesda, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Koei Tecmo, Inti Creates, Ubisoft, Square-Enix, TTgames, Take-2, Arc System Works, etc. Of the big Nintendo Switch 3rd party partners: EA is the Dr. Robotnik aka Doctor Eggman of video game companies for backstabbing Sega who logo is blue like Sonic.

GTS

Postby GTS » June 10th, 2018, 7:51 am

EA didn't reveal switch games because they "hate" it? This sounds like something you'd read in the early days of Gamepro magazine. EA makes decisions based on economics. I doubt people who play the EA sports franchises are going to want to play watered-down versions on a platform that has limited online capability.

"I'm not surprised because the Switch doesn't support the model EA is pushing. They want to move away from physical media and focus on digital (preferable subscription-based) title." <<<<Nintendo is totally heading the same direction. They have been, and will be, releasing digital content for all their main games (Mario Odyssey, BOTW, etc.), and will be launching a subscription service that lets them play NES games among other things.

Nintendo is not an angel in the world of modern gaming.

Return to “Video Games General”