Great article...

General and high profile video game topics.
Paul Campbell

Great article...

Postby Paul Campbell » July 9th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Just wanted to share this article about the greatness of the Nintendo Switch... to me. Obviously not everyone, but to guys like me. It's like I wrote it myself

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com ... 306662/amp

Voor

Re: Great article...

Postby Voor » July 10th, 2018, 12:22 am

Very cool. And I agree. When I see an “epic” games that takes tons of time to complete or tons of time to get skilled at (for online play), I have no interest in it.

I grew up in an era when you could beat games in one sitting, and playing in 20-45 minute bursts is this most natural for me. Some of these modern games have cutscenes that last that long. Ugh, no thanks.

I’ve never owned a portable gaming device until last year with a 2DS, and cheapness aside, I loved it. Having the ability to play games (without the massive degrade in quality) without being tethered to the TV was awesome, and I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it.

I don’t have a Switch, mostly due to $$ going other family needs and interests, but if I got a new console, there’s no way I’d consider an Xbox or PS4.

I liked it best when the gap between consoles and PC gaming was wider. Consoles were for playing with your buds, and PCs (with their expensive setups, graphics cards, etc) were for “serious” gaming.

I personally feel that Sony and Microsoft are boxing themselves in a corner by just getting more high tech, but not really improving the video game industry (which means “make it more fun”)

Return to “Video Games General”