Does this site need new graphics?

General and high profile video game topics.
bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » January 1st, 2007, 6:42 am

It's because the site uses frames.  It also messes the site up if you enter from a google search because you lose all the navigation links and the title bar.  Shouldn't take too long to change it to a table format though.

Crevalle

Postby Crevalle » January 1st, 2007, 5:37 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]
What do you guys think?  I like the current color scheme, but it would be nice to have some new game graphics up there - a combination of the old and the new.  If anybody wants to volunteer to make a new one, that would be great.

[/QUOTE]

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Edward M

Postby Edward M » January 2nd, 2007, 10:54 am

It works for the most part.  The side bar is great.  Perhaps the bar at the top doesn't need to be there though.  But please don't ruin the whole design of your website by putting too much graphics on it like IGN and gamespot did.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 2nd, 2007, 11:17 am

I agree the general layout on this site is fine, and I don't want to change that.  When I go to IGN, I just want to vomit.

However, if someone could tinker with the banner at the top to incorporate new games, that would be great.  Right now there's Atari 2600 Galaxian, Halo, and some non-descript racecar.  I'd love to see a better montage that covers a better cross-section of gaming. 

If anybody wants to give it a shot, please do.  Also, does anybody know of a free graphics program I can download?

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » January 2nd, 2007, 11:49 am

Check out

http://www.gimp.org

It's pretty much an open source version of Adobe's Photoshop.  If you don't mind spending a $100 Jasc's Paintshop Pro works really well and is what I use for creating screen mock-ups.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » January 2nd, 2007, 1:00 pm

Yeah I second GIMP, great little program.

hi there

Postby hi there » January 3rd, 2007, 11:19 am

I personally prefer sites with more graphic clutter. (Yes, that does include ads.)

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » January 4th, 2007, 4:26 pm

VGC, I was sorta bored so I came up with the following attachment.  Comments?  Suggestions?

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » January 4th, 2007, 6:41 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]I agree the general layout on this site is fine, and I don't want to change that.  When I go to IGN, I just want to vomit. [/QUOTE]

I went to IGN today to look up a review, and had to wait about 15 seconds for EACH page to load. What's the point of all this flashy crap anyway, I just want the damn page to load so I can click on a link.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » January 4th, 2007, 6:59 pm

[QUOTE=Adamant][QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]I agree the general layout on this site is fine, and I don't want to change that.  When I go to IGN, I just want to vomit. [/QUOTE]

I went to IGN today to look up a review, and had to wait about 15 seconds for EACH page to load. What's the point of all this flashy crap anyway, I just want the damn page to load so I can click on a link.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  And what's worse, even with all the flashy crap, the site's organization is INSANE.  It looks like something designed 15 years ago.

Return to “Video Games General”