New Banner graphics!

General and high profile video game topics.
Alienblue

New Banner graphics!

Postby Alienblue » January 12th, 2007, 6:21 am

The Pac-man-Gears would be my favorite IF it included Mario. Why Wario? Luigi and Zelda are far more iconic than him. Also, Wario's Yellow clashes with Pac-Man. I too, would like to see the original banner if you are going to rotate. Nice stuff though, it makes a very subtle but refreshing change!

Slim Shady

New Banner graphics!

Postby Slim Shady » January 12th, 2007, 9:00 am

The banners rock.

sega saturn x

New Banner graphics!

Postby sega saturn x » January 12th, 2007, 9:49 am

You're off to a good start but there isn't enough hoth in that banner.  You should start with 2600 epire striked back then move up to shadows of the empire hoth and then rogue squadron 2 (or 3) hoth.

Funkmaster V

New Banner graphics!

Postby Funkmaster V » January 12th, 2007, 10:44 am

I like the snow themed one. That would be cool... themed banners: Horror, snow, driving, sports, puzzle games from all areas. Hell, have about 15 banners.

It el rocks

Senor Smash

Kris

New Banner graphics!

Postby Kris » January 12th, 2007, 2:05 pm

I just noticed the new banners! They look great! Nice job!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

New Banner graphics!

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 12th, 2007, 3:59 pm

I would definitely to have "seasonal" banners in the rotation, like spring, halloween, christmas, etc.  I will also see about working the original back in at some point.

J.M. Vargas

New Banner graphics!

Postby J.M. Vargas » January 12th, 2007, 6:52 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]I would definitely to have "seasonal" banners in the rotation, like spring, halloween, christmas, etc.  I will also see about working the original back in at some point.[/QUOTE]

Leo Ames

New Banner graphics!

Postby Leo Ames » January 12th, 2007, 6:57 pm

I like the snow themed one, but I prefer the old one over the others I've seen so far. I hope you put the old one into the rotation with the others sometime.

Alienblue

New Banner graphics!

Postby Alienblue » January 13th, 2007, 5:42 am

Ok...i've seen them all now, and this is gonna sound weird but I like parts of each one! Basically I like the Pac-man one the best with the little breakout wall in there, but you should replace Wario with Mario and (I know I'll get hate for THIS) Gears with The car from the snow scene...I always felt Driving games evolved more than any other genre thanks to better graphics & sound. Too bad you do not have the space to work either PONG or the old Galaxian shot into there...rotation is ok, but only 3 are going to get old fast, too...9 would be perfect. I too like the seasonal idea. Can't wait til spring... GOPHER, ANTEATER, ANIMAL CROSSING, SUPER PRINCESS PEACH and those farm-themed RPGs from Nintendo all say "spring" to me...oh and Mr.Do & Dig Dug!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

New Banner graphics!

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 13th, 2007, 10:50 am

Please give some suggestions about what games should be featured in the spring, summer, fall, and halloween banners.

My ideas:
Spring: something with a lot of flowers?
Summer: Sonic Green Hill zone (with the waterfalls in the back), Pitfall, Hydro Thunder
Fall: there's a autumn scene in Sonic and Knuckles
Halloween: Haunted House (2600), Resident Evil, a scarecrow from some game

Return to “Video Games General”