Zillion 2: The Triformation

General and high profile video game topics.
Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 7th, 2005, 12:19 pm

Hey Dave/anyone who has played Zillion for theSMS
  it says in the review that Zillion is an exceptional game with some fairly great gameplay.  I was wondering if you have to do the stupid bike stages in that game that were put into Zillion 2?  I bought Zillion 2 after reading here that the first one was good (now, it being a SMS game, I'd have bought it anyway) but was very dissapointed by the overly difficult bike stages (which are all followed by much easier platform stages).   I was just wondering if this was one of those games where the games makers fiddled too much with a winning formula.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » July 7th, 2005, 1:14 pm

I have it but trust me when i say i didn't want it.  The damn game was in alex kedd in miracle worlds cart casing.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » July 8th, 2005, 5:10 am

...Zillion two is considered a poor remake of the first Zillion
which was awesome.

Zillion is based on an Anime series, and did you know the sega light gun is based on the gun the hero uses in the game!?

Look for Zillion one for a really great game worth Zillions...

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » July 8th, 2005, 5:47 pm

Which one the enforcer the menacer or the nes rip off for the sms?  I know you can't be talking about the stunner.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » July 8th, 2005, 6:52 pm

I played Zillion 2 first and hated it, especially because the buttons are opposite of what I think they should be.  I don't know what prompted me to pick up Zillion 1, but I did, and it's much better.  It REALLY looks like a spin-off of Impossible Mission on the C64, to me.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 8th, 2005, 9:06 pm

[QUOTE=Paul Campbell]I played Zillion 2 first and hated it, especially because the buttons are opposite of what I think they should be.  I don't know what prompted me to pick up Zillion 1, but I did, and it's much better.  It REALLY looks like a spin-off of Impossible Mission on the C64, to me.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I noticed the backward button thing too.  I also can't quite get the jump to work when I want it to.  It's like you have to jump up and over in order to get any hight to reach the stupid A or P square you need.  As every second jump over is a jump into one of the thousand unavoidable projectiles you end up dying a lot.

Return to “Video Games General”