Metal Gear Solid 3

General and high profile video game topics.
Sleepwalker9

Metal Gear Solid 3

Postby Sleepwalker9 » August 27th, 2005, 1:46 am

Jesus, people, a game tries to assume you are intelligent and you laugh at it and blow through the cutscenes? Heaven forbid someone trying to expand the medium, as long as you have your incredibly overrated games like Halo and God of War.

In the day and age of idiots who prefer not to think at all if someone or something else can do it for them I should have expected this. It still doesn't stop it from being pathetic or ridiculous.

John Rowland

Metal Gear Solid 3

Postby John Rowland » August 27th, 2005, 11:25 am

The cut scenes just weren't good enough (and the story not interesting enough) to be that long and for there to be that many of them.  It was funny because everytime you thought they were going to end...wham! here comes another five minutes of them.  Then after all those cut scenes you get to stare at two faces on a screen and listen to a ridiculously long and pointless conversation. 

I don't mind if someone tries to "expand the medium"; I think Killer 7 is the most succesful attempt at that so far.  I could watch cut scenes from that game all day (but they are actually only about a quarter of the length of those found in MGS2). 

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Metal Gear Solid 3

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 27th, 2005, 11:36 am

[QUOTE=Sleepwalker9]Jesus, people, a game tries to assume you are intelligent and you laugh at it and blow through the cutscenes?
[/QUOTE]

No, the game assumes you are more interested in watching a story unfold than playing a video game.

sega saturn x

Metal Gear Solid 3

Postby sega saturn x » August 27th, 2005, 12:49 pm

Sleepwalker9 do you really think people are down on the game ebcause it's to smart for them?  Could it be the videos are just to long?  Or that the games camera and control need updating badly?  If i wanted a good story i would read books (which i do) face it metal gears plot is ludicrously convoluted.  And not all that interesting, the game is an acquired taste.  Not evry one is going to share your pallet some people might be bothered by many of the games glaring flaws.  That does not make them dumb or shallow.  Metal gear is not a game for the intelligent or gifted it's just like any other stealth game plus lots and lots of videos.

Rodney

Metal Gear Solid 3

Postby Rodney » August 30th, 2005, 11:34 am

After playing Splinter Cell...Metal Gear is very, very hard to play. Bad camera angles.

Return to “Video Games General”