Wither Frog Bog?

General and high profile video game topics.
Alienblue

Wither Frog Bog?

Postby Alienblue » June 12th, 2007, 12:00 am

This should probably be in the Banners thread, but... I've been playing a lot of Intellivision lately, and I think it's a loss that you didn't put FROG BOG in one of the summer banners. Even the VGC sez it's "The perfect game for summer evenings"! With its deep blue water and crickets its totally evocative of mid summer's night.

Come to think has ANY INTV image been used in the banners? I thought the famous INTV "running man" should be in the "man" evolution banner.

Sooo...any other Intellivision addicts out there? What's the best Sports/Strategy/Action games on the unit? I'd go for Golf/ Utopia / Burgertime (though Locomotion is a close tie).

gleebergloben1

Wither Frog Bog?

Postby gleebergloben1 » June 26th, 2007, 6:36 pm

i think that football or bowling would be the best INTV sports cart (bowling is too a sport), for strategy, definitely 'utopia' with 'snafu' being second (if playing against another player), and my favorite action would be 'burgertime', and 'treasures of tarmin'.  i haven't played 'thunder castle' and 'tower of doom', which are supposed to be two great games.

andrew

Wither Frog Bog?

Postby andrew » June 26th, 2007, 6:44 pm

B-17 Bomber, Night Stalker and Skiing are the best games available on the system.

Alienblue

Wither Frog Bog?

Postby Alienblue » June 27th, 2007, 4:23 am

I LOVE Snafu and Utopia, especially the latter...it is fun chasing those fishes!...Snafu has great musuc; the INTV had one great sound maker! As for bowling DAMN ): ! I HAVE a bowling cart and I love real bowling but I cannot get it to work (I've even taken it apart and cleaned it)....oh well it's common..

gleebergloben1

Wither Frog Bog?

Postby gleebergloben1 » June 27th, 2007, 1:54 pm

I thought some other great games for the INTV were:

Bump n' Jump
Atlantis
Shark! Shark!
Tron Deadly Discs
Microsurgeon

Two games that I never got into were 'Dracula' and 'B17 Bomber'.  Both games were extremely original and had great graphics, but the gameplay was lacking in both.  B17 Bomber could have been a fantastic game, but it seemed like the game could go on forever.  With Dracula, it seemed like when playing two players, the zombie was never a factor in the game. 

Also, I remember when I was a kid, my friends and I used to make fun of people who hated the INTV disk controller.  We never had any problems with it, and could never understand why others found it so difficult to use.

andrew

Wither Frog Bog?

Postby andrew » June 27th, 2007, 1:54 pm

Completely forgot to mention shark! shark! Thats a classic INTV game as well

chrisbid1

Wither Frog Bog?

Postby chrisbid1 » June 27th, 2007, 11:12 pm

beauty and the beast is better than most home versions of donkey kong

Alienblue

Wither Frog Bog?

Postby Alienblue » June 28th, 2007, 4:20 am

I never really got into Dracula either, but I also could not get into MICROSURGEON. Sure, it had just about the prettiest background graphics in 1982, but you controlled a white blob that shot other white blobs-it was boring. This game was way before it's time-Trauma Center anyone?!

Time to get this one off my chest-my most despised game is Mission X. I LOVED shooters like Xevious and had high hopes for this. But my god, the planes look like dead MOTHS! The guns look like shrew skulls, tanks like bugs and you cant even SEE the jeeps lost in a sea of green! What angered me the most was when I played Mission X on MAME. IT IS NOTHING LIKE THIS! The coin op starts over a Xevious-like desert bombing domes, not over water boming feces(er,I mean"ships") as in INTV! Mattel did so well translating Burgertime and Locknchase,how'd they screw this up!?

Return to “Video Games General”