Hey

General and high profile video game topics.
voor

Hey

Postby voor » July 21st, 2007, 2:48 pm

Hey bud, I think everyone here has been fussed at/had messsage deleted at least once.  Shake it off and post away.

a1

Hey

Postby a1 » July 21st, 2007, 4:50 pm

A better question is why did this topic get through? We've all had posts deleted, so calm down. Sometimes it's to stop an argument, sometimes it's because it is boring. If you really want to talk about Dreamcast, add a question about its games into your post. We're happy to help on that, but I'm with the critic here. The only response to "I just got a Dreamcast." is, "Cool". Seems like a waste of space to me.

gleebergloben1

Hey

Postby gleebergloben1 » July 21st, 2007, 8:46 pm

say what you will about this thread, but one thing that i'll give the critic credit for...he posted luke's comments on this matter in this thread, when he could have just deleted them, too.  anywho, critic, luke, and all the rest, peace out...or war in, if you're into that kind of thing.

wur1

Hey

Postby wur1 » July 22nd, 2007, 2:33 am

[QUOTE=m0zart]

[QUOTE=Luke]If it's open for anyone to read and practically comment on.. it's considered public.[/QUOTE]

I think you're crossing some definitions here.  "Public" in the sense that something is publically owned (and thus administered by Government) isn't the same as "public" in the sense the property is private while the general public is made welcome by the owners.  A public park is public in the former sense, and freedom of speech and assembly are guaranteed on those spots.  This forum is an example of the latter, a private business or organization that makes its offices open to the public, yet is not consenting to become a random forum for just any expression of public opinion.

This is why forums like IGN and Gamespot can be exceedingly restrictive (much moreso than this site, I can tell you) while still welcoming the general public to open accounts and post.
[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a press release from the Ayn Rand Institute.  You should write op-eds for them.

BanjoPickles1

Hey

Postby BanjoPickles1 » July 22nd, 2007, 7:05 am

Luke, I wouldn't get too twisted out of shape about this. Personally, I'm glad there are restrictions here because sites without it are a friggin' mess! Case in point, look at EGMMAG.COM's forums? They're cluttered to the point where A). you can't have an intelligent debate without being called some obscene name or some moron claiming the "first post!" I understand your point on the double standard with Critic saying that he got a 360 being identical to yours but the difference between you and him is that he REVIEWS the games and is essentially telling us to expect some 360 reviews in the near future. This isn't elitism, this is how a good site is run. Sure, there are going to be mistakes and posts deleted that shouldn't be deleted but it really is for the benefit of the whole site. Just don't say anything that's going to get you barred from this site because it has happened before to other people, for good reason. My advice? You've vented your frustrations now just let it go.

m0zart1

Hey

Postby m0zart1 » July 22nd, 2007, 8:27 pm

[QUOTE=wur]This sounds like a press release from the Ayn Rand Institute.  You should write op-eds for them.[/QUOTE]

Gladly!

Return to “Video Games General”