Greatest Shame(s)

General and high profile video game topics.
ZetaX1

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby ZetaX1 » August 10th, 2007, 3:28 pm

I consider myself a fairly serious gamer, and I like to play almost all genres of games.  But there are few gaming-related things that I'm not too proud of...

1. I've only ever played about 5 minutes (total) of all the Zelda games ever made.  I don't know why, I just didn't 'get' them: running around looking for crap...  I probably need to give these games a better shot.

2. I've never even touched one of the Final Fantasy games.  They're popular as hell, and maybe I find that to be something of a turn-off...

3. I've played far more Pokemon Snap (N64) than anyone my age has a right to play.  Gotta snap'em all! (Kill me now...)

Wow, this is like therapy.  Next...

- Mark

BigOldCar

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby BigOldCar » August 10th, 2007, 5:02 pm

Yeah, I'm not a Zelda guy either.  Also... I'm not really down with the Metroid games.  Blasphemy, I know.

JasonhasRSI1

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » August 10th, 2007, 5:21 pm

I always have loathed the Grand Theft Auto series. Also, never got into Mega Man (any of them). Owned Bionic Commando when I was a kid and hated it. Ended up getting rid of it in favor of the Ultra's first Turtles game.

Whew!

andrew

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby andrew » August 10th, 2007, 6:54 pm

Don't feel bad. Although I've played a bit more zelda than you, haven't played a great deal more. Only played a bit of the first nes game, bit of majora mask, and a couple moderate sessions of ocarina of time that's it. Your greatest shames list is my greatest shames list too.

Wallyworld1

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Wallyworld1 » August 10th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Ok here it goes...

I bought a Sega CD and was so proud of it I had to show all my buds how cool Sewer Shark was..  ok I actually liked that game (shame)

Ok here is one of the most shameful things in my life I still regret but I was only 14 (yes I still knew it was wrong) but I gave it to my extremly dishonest aunt to take back to wal-mart to get me my full refund back.  I owned this system for about a year and a half!!  Yes she is good at this type of thing But she got me my $200 back I paid for this total piece of crap. 

Funny thing is now that im all grown up now im a Manager at a Wal-mart and have to deal with people like my aunt at least once a week and feel even more guilty about what I did.  But at least I can spot these crooks from a mile away.

What did I do with that $200 dollars I was refunded from that terrible purchase on that Sega CD???

I bought a Atari Jaguar!!!

ok I feel much better.  Your right this is good therapy.

Blah

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Blah » August 11th, 2007, 2:07 am

[QUOTE=Wallyworld]Ok here it goes...

I bought a Sega CD and was so proud of it I had to show all my buds how cool Sewer Shark was..  ok I actually liked that game (shame)

Ok here is one of the most shameful things in my life I still regret but I was only 14 (yes I still knew it was wrong) but I gave it to my extremly dishonest aunt to take back to wal-mart to get me my full refund back.  I owned this system for about a year and a half!!  Yes she is good at this type of thing But she got me my $200 back I paid for this total piece of crap. 

Funny thing is now that im all grown up now im a Manager at a Wal-mart and have to deal with people like my aunt at least once a week and feel even more guilty about what I did.  But at least I can spot these crooks from a mile away.

What did I do with that $200 dollars I was refunded from that terrible purchase on that Sega CD???

I bought a Atari Jaguar!!!

ok I feel much better.  Your right this is good therapy.
[/QUOTE]

No offense but that's really funny.

Alienblue

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Alienblue » August 11th, 2007, 3:11 am

I wouldn't say I'm ASHAMED of these, but it sets me apart from most gamers: 1) I REALLY don't like most3-D games. A few are ok. Doom was good. I had some fun running around GTA: San andreas.
But for the most part I'm not into 3-D.

2) I'm always a generation behind. I have very little funds to splurge; I don't even have a decent PC. While most were getting into 360 and Wii, I was getting into PS2 anf xbox.

3) I hate sports. Period. So also sports games.

4)Again, lack of funds and/or credit keeps me from getting into imports and homebrews, much as I'd like to. (In fact someone SAID they'd order an Odyssey2/multicart for me weeks ago, but apparantly changed their mind.)....Ok, that's it for me.

Steerforth

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Steerforth » August 11th, 2007, 7:39 am

Sniff, I used to think RARE was the greatest game maker that ever was!

I was young, naivie....

andrew

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby andrew » August 11th, 2007, 12:26 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]
2) I'm always a generation behind. I have very little funds to splurge; I don't even have a decent PC. While most were getting into 360 and Wii, I was getting into PS2 anf xbox.

3[/QUOTE]

I missed the 16 bit era but got an n64 because my brother was obsessed with wanting one. We were going to buy an xbox through a a deal with a guy at zellers when the xbox was new but that fell through. The only reason I even have a ps2 is because my brother won a subway contest. If not for that I'd never have a last years console and I sure don't have money for a new gen so I am too a gen behind. As for your old mac, I went on a field trip to Spar (now EMS) who make the canadarm for space shuttles and the tour guide mentioned something quite interesting. You want to know what chips NASA uses to run those shuttles? Thats right they use old 186 chip processors making your computer much more advanced. They're used because they're extremely reliable and dissipate heat much better then new chips and you stick with what works.

Another shame is that my arcade machine I want to build will be on hold for many more years. I've been developing my own arcade menus in c++ , vb6 and even a dos model to run mame games. Nothing fancy but quite adequate. I would use either dos or windows 95 with minimal cpu machine needed to run pole position or pac-man etc. The menu would load at start-up and be password protected against exiting for maintenance purposes only and feel like an arcade machine. But the money is just not there at  this time or anytime soon.

andrew

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby andrew » August 11th, 2007, 7:54 pm

[QUOTE=Steerforth]Sniff, I used to think RARE was the greatest game maker that ever was!

I was young, naivie....
[/QUOTE]

I was mad at nintendo when they had the option to buy Rare and was even more mad when they said that Rare weren't worth it no longer. Nintendo were geniuses to decline. Rare  brought grabbed by the ghoulies(meh), conker live(meh) and Perfect Dark Zero(crap when you compare to the original in relation to time period, console specs, games available at the time, etc.) since that deal. No loss.

Return to “Video Games General”