Greatest Shame(s)

General and high profile video game topics.
Steerforth

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Steerforth » August 11th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Yeah, the downfall of RARE has been sudden, I suppose when Free Radical broke off that did not help. (Remember Dr. Doak from Goldeneye Gas Level, that dude is one of the top guys in the Timesplitters Credits. Time to leave, Dr. Doak.)

The Million Dollar RARE question is will the next Banjo Kazooie game be any good?!? If it is, it could help MS broaden their library and even make me a little jealous of 360 owners, which owuld be something indeed.

I think Banjo Kazooie is a straight A, I would give Tooie a C or less because I thought it collapsed over its own weight.  So Banjo Threeie might be a longshot, but you never know.

Michael D

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Michael D » August 12th, 2007, 12:25 am

The most shameful thing I've done as far as my love for gaming?  Well, that would be the purchase I made in August of 2005.  For $80, I bought a 32X and a copy of Knuckles Chaotix, and I did this for a couple of reasons

A: I'm probably the biggest Sonic fan in the world
B: I wanted to play this game for years, but was unable to, even when I rented a 32X system and the game from Blockbuster (it didn't work properly).
C: To symbolically protest the fact that Sonic Gems Collection didn't contain Knuckles Chaotix (yet, it had unlockable artwork from that game). 

Brett Weiss

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Brett Weiss » August 12th, 2007, 9:27 am

Although I enjoy Zelda for the NES and Super NES, I couldn't get into Windwaker for the GameCube. The mailbox thing, along with the boating from place to place, I just didn't get.

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

Alienblue

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Alienblue » August 12th, 2007, 12:59 pm

I have to add, I only ever played through two Zelda games; the very first(I beat both quests) and GameboyColor Links Awakening.
I never had an N64 or Gamecube, so I never even tried 3-D Zelda.
I own A LINK TO THE PAST on SNES but just can't get into it; I also gave up on Zelda:Seasons(GBC) and I keep forgetting the title but-the first Zelda GBA game, where Link gets real tiny? I only got about a tenth of the way into those two games and gave up. For me the NES Zelda will always be the best! I never liked"real" rpgs, and Zelda is an Action-Advenutre/Rpg, I think the problem was it got less of the action and more RPGish as it went on. I enjoyed fighting bosses more than solving riddles or puzzles, I guess thats the problem. I always thought of the first Zelda as "Gauntlet" with a backstory and more weapons and more complicated mazes. It was arcadey-feeling.

andrew

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby andrew » August 12th, 2007, 1:06 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]I have to add, I only ever played through two Zelda games; the very first(I beat both quests) and GameboyColor Links Awakening.
I never had an N64 or Gamecube, so I never even tried 3-D Zelda.
I own A LINK TO THE PAST on SNES but just can't get into it; I also gave up on Zelda:Seasons(GBC) and I keep forgetting the title but-the first Zelda GBA game, where Link gets real tiny? I only got about a tenth of the way into those two games and gave up. For me the NES Zelda will always be the best! I never liked"real" rpgs, and Zelda is an Action-Advenutre/Rpg, I think the problem was it got less of the action and more RPGish as it went on. I enjoyed fighting bosses more than solving riddles or puzzles, I guess thats the problem. I always thought of the first Zelda as "Gauntlet" with a backstory and more weapons and more complicated mazes. It was arcadey-feeling.[/QUOTE]

I believe the zelda game for gba you can't remember is minish cap. I never played it but all I here when mothers are at videostores is when is the new zelda or pokemon game coming so I remember names of games I'll never care about or speak of.

a1

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby a1 » August 13th, 2007, 6:02 pm

[QUOTE=ZetaX]

3. I've played far more Pokemon Snap (N64) than anyone my age has a right to play.  Gotta snap'em all! (Kill me now...)

[/QUOTE]

True for me, too. So what? It's a fun game worthy of play by pokemon and non-pokemon fans.

Crevalle

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Crevalle » August 18th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Shame:

1.) Never have understood the Zelda draw--but I do have Twilight Princess for the Wii and will sit down and play it one of these days.  Wind Waker did nothing for me.  I WANT to get into these games, but am struggling.

2.) All Call of Duty games bore the hell out of me, and I love FPS games.

3.) I despise shooters and sports games (but I love sports)

4.) I am a whore for anything from id Software.

Tourian

Greatest Shame(s)

Postby Tourian » August 18th, 2007, 7:36 pm

I've never given racing and fighting games enough of my time.  I'm actively trying to remedy this though with recent purchases of Tekken 5 (PS2), Soul Calibur (DC), Ridge Racer (PS1), Gran Turismo A Spec (PS2), and Burnout Takedown (PS2).

Return to “Video Games General”