Contra Hardcorps glitch?

General and high profile video game topics.
Mike1

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby Mike1 » August 11th, 2007, 9:27 am

I got my copy of contra hardcorps yesterday and something doesnt seem right.  When I get a new weapon I have to stop, then run, then shoot so I can be able to run and shoot.  However, if I get the new weapon(or swap weapons) and fire while standing still, I can no longer run and shoot at the same time until i die. if this a bug, or just my copy?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 11th, 2007, 11:02 am

Which console is that game for?

Cody

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby Cody » August 11th, 2007, 11:21 am

Contra Hardcorps is a game for the Sega Genesis. I don't believe I've ever had that problem with my copy, but maybe I never noticed.

JustLikeHeaven1

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » August 11th, 2007, 11:45 am

[QUOTE=Mike]I got my copy of contra hardcorps yesterday and something doesnt seem right.  When I get a new weapon I have to stop, then run, then shoot so I can be able to run and shoot.  However, if I get the new weapon(or swap weapons) and fire while standing still, I can no longer run and shoot at the same time until i die. if this a bug, or just my copy?
[/QUOTE]

Are you playing with a three button or six button genesis controller?  Because Hard Corps allows you to switch up different "shooting modes".  There is the the run n gun mode in which you can simply run around and shoot.  With the press of a button you can switch to the stand in place and shoot mode.  It isn't a glitch in the game, but if you are using a 3 button genny controller you might not figure it out.  You have to press, A+B (at the same time) to switch between the two modes.  With the six button controller you simply have to press one of the top three buttons (X,Y,Z).

If this isn't what is happening to you then you have a faulty cart.  Let me know if you still can't figure it out.

Alienblue

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby Alienblue » August 11th, 2007, 1:32 pm

...I've not had that problem.

Let me add, I loved the original Contra and while I thought CONTRA:HARDCORPS was a FANTASTIC game in audio/visuals(LOVE that huge robot!) I thought it was WAY WAY WAY too hard....and no difficulty select or "extra lives" code? Bummer! ):

I never got past level four...

Mike1

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby Mike1 » August 11th, 2007, 1:41 pm

Thanks alot, that was exactly the problem.  I guess it was just coincidental.  I only have the cart, no manual.  Ok,  back to  playing it.

andrew

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby andrew » August 11th, 2007, 1:58 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]...I've not had that problem.

Let me add, I loved the original Contra and while I thought CONTRA:HARDCORPS was a FANTASTIC game in audio/visuals(LOVE that huge robot!) I thought it was WAY WAY WAY too hard....and no difficulty select or "extra lives" code? Bummer! ):

I never got past level four...[/QUOTE]

The name is appropriate hardcorps (pronounced hard core)

JustLikeHeaven1

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » August 11th, 2007, 2:43 pm

[QUOTE=Mike]Thanks alot, that was exactly the problem.  I guess it was just coincidental.  I only have the cart, no manual.  Ok,  back to  playing it.
[/QUOTE]

I figured you just had a cart.  I'm glad thats all it was and the game was broken.

Hey Critic, have you ever played the Genesis version of Contra?  Its one of the best in the series and its almost as good as Contra III.  Plus there is no slowdown and the weapons are really varied.  If the game wasn't so damn hard it would be an instant classic. 

Mike1

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby Mike1 » August 12th, 2007, 12:38 am

I just had to come back to say I found a secret ending in level 3.  After fighting the robot in the junkyard you get to a door you have to blow open underground.  Instead, climb up the wall and you enter a tournament of some sort.  The ending is quite unexpected for a game like this.

Edward M

Contra Hardcorps glitch?

Postby Edward M » August 13th, 2007, 11:52 pm

Contra Hard Corps is basically an impossible game.   Whenever someone says  about Devil May cry 3 or Ninja gaiden (xbox version) are too hard, I think they are full of crap.  Contra Hard Corps is 10 times harder than them, and is one of the few games I think qualifies for being too hard.   I mean seriously, has anyone beat that game?  If you have, you're a gaming god. What's even worse, I heard the Japanese version had an easy mode.   Why would they take that out of  of what could be the hardest scrolling shooter ever?

Return to “Video Games General”