The Desert Island gag.

General and high profile video game topics.
Alienblue

The Desert Island gag.

Postby Alienblue » August 14th, 2007, 12:53 pm

Continuing on the "best game ever" idea, if you were stranded on a desert island all alone for ten years, and could only have on game, which would it be?

The answer might be different than "best game"! There are many great games I love, and Ladybug is my number one, but if forced to play the same game for ten years I would choose PLANET PUZZLE LEAGUE/DS. It is endlessly replayable and superior to Tetris.

(my game is just coincidentaly portable....in our imagined scenaio you somehow have an endless energy supply (tapping into the vlocano?) so it can be an arcade computer or console game.

Which will it be? Ten longggggg years....

Wallyworld1

The Desert Island gag.

Postby Wallyworld1 » August 14th, 2007, 1:13 pm

How about Adventure Island

Koopa W.

The Desert Island gag.

Postby Koopa W. » August 14th, 2007, 1:59 pm

Halo 2 with Xbox Live. Then I'd get somebody to get my ass off the island.

jcserver79

The Desert Island gag.

Postby jcserver79 » August 14th, 2007, 2:31 pm

Hey alien, you'd still need energy to charge your DS!

I'd choose any version of Metal Slug Anthology. I can play those games non-stop multiple times.

BigOldCar

The Desert Island gag.

Postby BigOldCar » August 14th, 2007, 4:35 pm

Ten years on a desert island?  I think... Animal Crossing.  It's sufficiently deep that it wouldn't really grow stale--there's so much to do!--and you can never reach an "end."  Plus, there's the NES games to collect which would provide a nice distraction.  Additionally, it occurs in real time, which would make it easier to lose yourself in the game and escape the tedium of watching the island's single palm tree sway in the breeze.

On the down side, when help arrives you'd refer to them as "Snortle."

andrew

The Desert Island gag.

Postby andrew » August 14th, 2007, 4:54 pm

Well I'd have to haul a Pole Position 2 arcade cabinet

Atarifever1

The Desert Island gag.

Postby Atarifever1 » August 14th, 2007, 7:19 pm

Worms Armagedon for the PC.  It is, and I am sure of this, impossible to get tired of this game.  Well, if hypothetically you get to have the system working, I'd want to bring the Worms World Party game on the Ngage.  I'd put it on my MMC card so I'd also have an MP3 player, some movie clips, and the Penny Arcade and 8 bit theatre archives.  Also, in the unlikely event that I could get a signal, I'd have a radio and, more importantly, a phone to call for rescue.

Carl1

The Desert Island gag.

Postby Carl1 » August 14th, 2007, 11:52 pm

NHL '94 for the SNES. Sure it may be a little better on the genesis, however I have amazing memories of this game growing up....and I just beat my sister's boyfriend 5 straight times with no goals allowed.....he was the penguins...I was the WHALERS....and for the record....Im a die-hard Devils fan

funky_muzic1

The Desert Island gag.

Postby funky_muzic1 » August 16th, 2007, 4:06 pm

Would it be cheating if I said Midway's Arcade Classics for the Game Cube?  It is multiple games, but it's only on one disc.  Paperboy, Marble Madness, Tapper, 720, Dig Dug, and about 7 more games. 
Maybe it's cheating...but if you don't have this disc, this is a great one for you old school fans!

JasonhasRSI1

The Desert Island gag.

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » August 16th, 2007, 4:49 pm

I'd play about 32,000 seasons of Tecmo Super Bowl. Though I REALLY wish you'd let me take four more games:

Gaiares - would satisfy the need for a pure, twitch action game

Final Fantasy VII - like taking that favorite book along to read over and over

Devil May Cry 3 - to satisfy that need for a deep combat game that's endlessly replayable and would take years to master

Oblivion - I don't think I could ever uncover all of that game's content, but ten years with nothing else to do would be putting myself in a good position to do so.

Return to “Video Games General”