Raiden Project

General and high profile video game topics.
Alienblue

Raiden Project

Postby Alienblue » September 18th, 2005, 11:30 am

Glad you finally got my favorite shooter of all time up, critic! PSX shooters ARE rare but may I suggest you look for G-DARIUS and IN THE HUNT. These are two great 2-D (G-Darius is 2 1/2 D) shooters! Grab 'em if you find 'em!

(Oh wait, I think you DID review G-darius.NEVER MIND (: )

OMar

Raiden Project

Postby OMar » September 18th, 2005, 5:02 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]Glad you finally got my favorite shooter of all time up, critic! PSX shooters ARE rare but may I suggest you look for G-DARIUS and IN THE HUNT. These are two great 2-D (G-Darius is 2 1/2 D) shooters! Grab 'em if you find 'em!

(Oh wait, I think you DID review G-darius.NEVER MIND (: )[/QUOTE]

Out of curosity, how well the Jaguar and Genesis version of Raiden compare to the PSOne version?

Alienblue

Raiden Project

Postby Alienblue » September 18th, 2005, 5:34 pm

Omar, there Is no comparison. the Psone Raiden project ( Games one and two) are ARCADE PERFECT right down to the "PRESS START" messages on the opening screen. The second best version would be Genesis, it is a decent port that even includes an extra level. The Jaguar version is good (see Daves review) but is marred by a lives/score band that takes up 1/3 of the screen and is very distracting. The SNES version is weakest, good music but poor wide screen graphics and slow play. Winner: PSONE!!!!!!

Return to “Video Games General”