Homebrew reviews?

General and high profile video game topics.
thrust261

Homebrew reviews?

Postby thrust261 » November 21st, 2005, 9:08 am

I noticed that there is a decline of homebrew reviews. But there are a lot of really [B]great[/B] (and some not so great) homebrews (especially for the Atari 2600) released every year.

Any reason for this decline?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Homebrew reviews?

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 21st, 2005, 4:48 pm

I've been buying less games over the Internet because I've developed a bit of a backlog with regards to games I still need to review or re-review.

If a homebrew author sends me a review copy however, I will post a review with no hesitation.  For some reason none of them ever do.

Dave

J.M. Vargas

Homebrew reviews?

Postby J.M. Vargas » November 21st, 2005, 6:41 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]
If a homebrew author sends me a review copy however, I will post a review with no hesitation.  For some reason none of them ever do.[/QUOTE]

Because you're too honest, trustworthy and unwilling to compromise or sellout to the shills of the world in order to bring us the least-biased, best-written (after a dozen or so re-writes) and shortest videogame reviews on the web? 

Sorry, I momentarily reverted to the suck-up mode from a decade or so ago when I used to I write ass-kissing letters to Gamepro, Gamefan or EGM hoping they'd get published!

sega saturn x

Homebrew reviews?

Postby sega saturn x » November 21st, 2005, 10:08 pm

This reminds me of a bunch of homebrews I have always wanted to play but could never bring myself to spend 20$ on a game for the most part already owned.  The first home brew i buy will most likely be battle for naboo on the 2600, atlantis and star wars what could go wrong?  I would also love the mst3k shooter but oh well, some day.

Atarifever1

Homebrew reviews?

Postby Atarifever1 » November 21st, 2005, 10:56 pm

I don't think this is exactly a homebrew, but it's the first release for an unsupported system I'll be buying.
http://www.sega-16.com/Feature-%20Beggar%20Prince%20Preview.htm

Paul Campbell

Homebrew reviews?

Postby Paul Campbell » November 21st, 2005, 11:50 pm

A Mystery Science Theater shooter?  That would rock the house!

thrust261

Homebrew reviews?

Postby thrust261 » November 22nd, 2005, 3:59 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]If a homebrew author sends me a review copy however, I will post a review with no hesitation.  For some reason none of them ever do.[/QUOTE]
Maybe because that would feel like cheating? If they give you a game for free, that might bias your review.

Return to “Video Games General”