Remember your first time?

General and high profile video game topics.
Pimphand_Gamester1

Postby Pimphand_Gamester1 » January 11th, 2015, 10:26 am

I'd like to build a MAME cabinet about the size of those Coleco's but kind of pointless I guess when I have a JXD.

I did build this however, but never even use it anymore

[image00005vp] 

LS6501

Postby LS6501 » January 11th, 2015, 11:38 am

The first videogame I ever _saw_ was 'Computer Space' being played by my older brother back in the mid 70s.

I think the first game I ever _played_ myself was a B&W 'Sub Hunter' arcade machine.
  Sub_Hunter_-_1977_-_Gremlin.jpg

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » January 11th, 2015, 10:58 pm

I dont remember my exact age, but it was at my uncles house,
he had an atari 2600, and space invaders, and well 'nuff said
here i am still playing after all these years!

eraserhead1

Postby eraserhead1 » January 13th, 2015, 1:00 pm

No, I don't. But my aunt does:
[QUOTE]
you were about 3 years old. you & your folks came for [my best friend]'s wedding and to meet your step grandmother.  the week leading up to the wedding was very hot & humid.  the morning of the wedding arrived cold & wet.  the ceremony was outdoors.  then the reception was outdoors, though it was a covered pavilion. after a few hours, we were all frozen, but not ready to stop partying, so we all moved to a local bar, called the barrel (because that's exactly the structure of the building!) 

8552769775_877633b75f_z.jpg 

they had a ms pacman game.  your were entranced.  someone got a milk crate, or a chair or something for you to stand on, and stand & watch you did...for hours!  once in a while someone would put in a quarter for you, but it didn't matter. you were entertained just watching. [/QUOTE]

As for the first time that I do remember...I wrote about it at length last summer and posted an article on Retro-Daze. TL;DR version -- I found a dollar at the beach and couldn't find anything to do with it but video games. Thus was I hooked again, for good this time.

DaHeckIzDat1

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » January 14th, 2015, 12:33 am

I remember playing Donkey Kong at the local burger shack when I was really little. I had no idea what to do back then, I just liked picking up the hammer and smashing barrels. My grandma got me a SNES for my fourth birthday, and it came it Donkey Kong Country, so that was the first video game I actually PLAYED, played... If that makes sense.

Return to “Video Games General”