Games that are reviewed in the website that deserve the following Icons?

General and high profile video game topics.
VG Fan

Postby VG Fan » April 8th, 2008, 9:20 pm

The list is in no order.

(?): Means don’t know if it deserves it or not.

ET Award for critical flop

Shaq Fu

Superman 64

Custer's Revenge (?)

Revolution X (?)

Bubsy series (?)

Awesome Possum

Playstation Frogger Remake (?)

Hey You, Pikachu!

Playstation/Dreamcast Centipede Remake

Donkey Konga 2 (?)

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (?)

Contra: Shattered Soldier

Resident Evil Survivor

Shadow the Hedgehog (?)

Kirby Air Ride (?)

Sonic Riders (?)

Sonic Rivals 1&2 (?)

Ecco the Dolphin Dreamcast (?)

Kao the Kangaroo

Last Hope (?)

Karous/Crow (?)

CDI Zelda Games (?)

etc.

Expensive

Power Stone 2

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Bangai-O

Project Justice

Raiden Project, The

R-Type Delta

Poy Poy

etc.

There are more suggestions for both ET Award for critical flop/Expensive, but I am too tired to list theme all at the moment.

Agree/Disagree, Comments?

VG Fan

Postby VG Fan » April 10th, 2008, 2:29 am

Critic,why haven't you respond yet?

One more ET Award for critical flop suggestion?

Cosmic Carnage

Michael D

Postby Michael D » April 10th, 2008, 3:28 pm

For the Expensive icon, Ikaruga for Gamecube would probably be a worthy choice (and for that matter, an extreme difficulty one).

I'm not sure about the Ecco the Dolphin Dreamcast game for the Critical Flop, though, since it got pretty good reviews when it first came out (VGC's nonwithstanding, of course), but again, an extreme difficulty would fit quite well for that one. 

Shadow the Hedgehog, however, would fit for the critical flop, though, as it was ripped apart by critics, something even VGC mentions in his review.

VG Fan

Postby VG Fan » April 10th, 2008, 8:53 pm

[QUOTE=Michael D]

I'm not sure about the Ecco the Dolphin Dreamcast game for the Critical Flop, though, since it got pretty good reviews when it first came out (VGC's nonwithstanding, of course), but again, an extreme difficulty would fit quite well for that one. 

[/QUOTE]

Michael D

On the Ecco the Dolphin Dreamcast game, I put a (?) symbol because I am not 100% sure about the game if it deserves it or not?

And my I add that the Arthur Award for extreme difficulty is a pretty good fitting Icon indede.

Verm1

Postby Verm1 » April 11th, 2008, 10:05 am

If I'm to be honest, I would consider the "expensive" icon a bad idea in the first place. True it is a nice bit of information for the collector. But it is something that has to constantly be updated simply because cost is always something that is changing.

This is shown around the forum's that of all the icon's, it is the icon that most people are questioning VGC's choices on (likely because of the above).

Also, the E.T award. What determines a games "E.T-ness"?. Worldwide lack of success or just lack of success in a particular country/region etc?

Things like the alternate controller icons by comparison are set in stone, so to speak.

Also, maybe there should be a sticky thread for people suggesting icon changes to games. There are quite a few threads by people making suggestions for them.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 12th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Would an "overrated" icon be useful?  I wonder what that could look like...?

Anonymous Prime

Postby Anonymous Prime » April 12th, 2008, 3:45 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Would an "overrated" icon be useful?  I wonder what that could look like...?
[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't be good because it's subject to multiple opinions. I think if you made that icon, you would need to have Marcus Phoenix's head as the picture, but there are people who love "gears of war". Blue Monkey would probably suggest smash bros., which is sad considering you can play as a blue monkey in brawl :/  (DK and diddy alternate colors)

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » April 12th, 2008, 6:03 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Would an "overrated" icon be useful?  I wonder what that could look like...? [/QUOTE]

Sephiroth.

Michael Danehy

Postby Michael Danehy » April 12th, 2008, 8:06 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Would an "overrated" icon be useful?  I wonder what that could look like...?
[/QUOTE]

The icon should look something like this?

Anonymous Prime

Postby Anonymous Prime » April 12th, 2008, 11:46 pm

It should look something like this: Michael Danehy.
jk.
I like Adamant's idea, but again, it's all subject to opinion. Something that we can all agree on as being overrated is best...saaaay...Duke Nukem Forever. Nobody takes the game seriously because it's been delayed so long that no matter what it isn't going to live up to the impossible amount of hype it has created for itself....so yeah...put a picture of Duke on your "overrated" icon 8D

Return to “Video Games General”