All the way through?

General and high profile video game topics.
nesfan1

All the way through?

Postby nesfan1 » August 15th, 2014, 6:57 am

I beat Dragon Warrior II for NES. I beat the final boss and then went around the world. I talked to many people and they congratulated me on my success. Then, my game froze before I made it back to Midenhall castle and got the ending. So I had to do the whole final dungeon all over again. I think this game has something against me. But that just makes my victory all the more sweet.

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » August 18th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Just finished Sacred 3 for Ps3.
This game reminded me a lot
of Gauntlet Dark Legacy, which
is not a bad thing at all.

But its definetly nothing like the
second installment of this game.
But some great fun to be had
none the less!!

If any of my friends out there get this
and wanna play online hit me up!

Ozzy

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » August 25th, 2014, 1:41 am

Just finished Murdered Soul Suspect on Ps4.
Excellent game and great story!!

Ozzy

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » September 7th, 2014, 6:13 pm

Just finished Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls on ps4, this was awesome !!!

Ozzy

Vexer1

All the way through?

Postby Vexer1 » September 7th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Finished SOCOM: Tactical Strike and GTA: Chinatown Wars on PSP.

Rev1

All the way through?

Postby Rev1 » September 7th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Just finished Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans (NDS)... It was a very simple RPG with a lot of filler quests (literally 75% of the game was filler material). Still, it was a pretty enjoyable game for the sole reason that I don't mind grinding in RPG's when I have nothing better to do, plus I've always been a fan of the anime. The game ends on a cliffhanger (unless you've seen the anime) with the characters getting ready to journey to Namek.

There were a few parts of the game that definitely needed some work, like the tag attack system was absolutely worthless and did nothing for me the entire game. Also, 2 of your 6 characters are worthless (Krillin and Tien) but I guess that reflects back on the anime where only the saiyans were any real threat by the end of the series. If you play this game just pass on those two and stick with Goku, Piccolo, Yamcha (surprising that he's actually halfway decent) and Gohan (who's equivalent to Magikarp if you've ever played Pokemon). The other two really only serve one purpose and that is to have them hold Goku's items so he can power up his Spirit Bomb for fights.... Also, the equipment was pretty much worthless throughout most of the game, even though there was a lot of equipment it really made no difference on the outcome of the game. I'd probably give the game a C-, I had some fun with the game and managed to blow some time, so not a terrible waste of time.

I think Dragon Ball Z fans tend to overrate the game, calling it a great RPG, when really it is mediocre at best. Still, not a bad way to spend a couple afternoons if you have nothing better to do and like the anime.

Oltobaz1

All the way through?

Postby Oltobaz1 » September 8th, 2014, 3:22 am

Funny you'd mention this game, which I got and started playing recently. So, Yamcha turned out stronger than Tien and Kulilin? That's messed up.. Anyways, I'm having a lot of fun with this one, and would definitely recommend it as well.

Totally unrelated note, are you aware of 'Dragonball Multiverse'. A French project, available in several different languages, one of the most ambitious fan mangas I've ever seen, worth checking out. Also, have you seen Battle of Gods?

Rev1

All the way through?

Postby Rev1 » September 8th, 2014, 6:57 pm

Yeah, it's really sad. Yamcha is probably the weakest character in the entire Dragon Ball Z universe but ends up being way better then Tien and Krillin. He gets a special item called perfume which raises all his stats considerably. Tien is okay for about a third of the game and krillin sucks pretty much the entire way through, with only his Luck stat being somewhat good.

As for the other games, I haven't heard of them. I heard about this game when I ran across ProJared's youtube account so I watched all his videos about the DBZ games and ended up buying this because I'd never heard of it before (I don't stay that up to date with most handheld releases). Still, I'd be interested in learning more about those games, they sound interesting.

Oltobaz1

All the way through?

Postby Oltobaz1 » September 8th, 2014, 8:01 pm

The stuff I was telling you about in the second paragraph wasn't related to gaming, Dragonball Multiverse being a succesful 'Dounjinshi' of sorts (fan manga), while Battle of Gods is the latest DBZ movie released this year. Events are canon for once, plot taking place after the Buu story arc. Worth seeing.

As far as games, you'll find plenty of info about the PS2 and post PS2 releases pretty much anywhere, those being widely available in the States. Still, lots of interesting games have come out in previous gens, be they solid Vs fighters on Super Famicom/PAL Super Nintendo, RPGs on Famicom or experimental... fighters on PsOne /Saturn (second release 'DBZ Densetsu aka 'Legend' in English comes to mind). And I'm just scratching the surface. Interestingly, Dave did review a PS2 release, Super DBZ, a good game indeed, mixing PS2 quality graphics with Super Famicom like gameplay. More obscure and rustic shall we say than the 'Budokai' series for instance, yet totally worth playing if you ask me.

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » September 22nd, 2014, 3:50 pm

Just finished Transformers Rise of the dark spark on ps3.
Though it was very fun and fits right in with the movie
and the other cybertron games, it just seemed to be lacking
something that the first and second game had.

Ozzy

Return to “Video Games General”