All the way through?

General and high profile video game topics.
Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » June 6th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Just finished The bards tale for ps2, took roughly 16 hours, great hack n slash dungeon crawler with some really decent comedy added in, overall, a great game!!

~Ozzy~

J Dubs

All the way through?

Postby J Dubs » June 7th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Just beat Twilight Princess on the GameCube!

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » June 17th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Just finised Darkwatch for the Xbox, though i usually cant stand first person shooter games, this one had me immediately hooked !! So had a complete blast with this, but anyway another one finished and on to the next!!!

~Ozzy~

bigllama99

All the way through?

Postby bigllama99 » June 18th, 2009, 12:04 am

Just finished COD4 for the PC. Awesome game.

QF

All the way through?

Postby QF » June 18th, 2009, 12:14 am

[QUOTE=Ozzybear]Just finised Darkwatch for the Xbox, though i usually cant stand first person shooter games, this one had me immediately hooked !! So had a complete blast with this, but anyway another one finished and on to the next!!!

~Ozzy~
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I love that game. I want to go back and beat it and get the evil ending.

Beat a couple of Shoot em ups

1) Vapor Trail (Gen)
2) Guardian Force (Sat) really unique tank shooter

also screw Battle Garegga, impossiple i say!

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » June 18th, 2009, 11:50 pm

Yep, i plan on going through and getting the evil ending as well, just gonna take a break from it for a bit and play a couple others first.

ActRaiser1

All the way through?

Postby ActRaiser1 » June 19th, 2009, 1:38 pm

Halo Wars
Overlord

Halo Wars is such a polished game.  Overlord has a few minor issues but the sum of its parts make it a fun one to enjoy.

Halo Wars is still full price or close enough with a minor discount, but you can find Overlord for dirt cheap.

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » June 23rd, 2009, 3:31 pm

Its me again!! Just finished Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban for gamecube. pretty decent game with some good puzzles. Onto the next game!!

keep gaming peeps!!!

~Ozzy~

andrew

All the way through?

Postby andrew » June 25th, 2009, 6:57 pm

Well I just had to post this one. Usually I could care less about beating a game especially newer ones but this game was an absolute chore which for some unknown reason I decided to continue playing until the end after watching the avgn review on the game which I might add was a solid review of the game compared to his previous videos this year.

I just finished beating Transformers: Comvoy no nazo! (Mystery of comvoy)
Since it's a famicom japan only release I had to use an emulator but I did not use any cheats or devices to give an advantage. Just Nestopia and using save state after beating a level in full, never halfway through a level or at a boss. The game is so hard I culdn't do it in a sitting and considering there are unlimited continues in the game, that doesn't count as cheating. I consider this a legit beating of the game especially considering I had to use a keyboard on top of it.

This game is ridiculously hard and unforgiving. It's no wonder why this game never made it to north america. Three lives, one hit kills but unlike contra you have to beat a level straight through. If you die, you start at the beginning of the level. Thankfully, the unlimited continues also means when you reach a boss, you can use a continue and start at the boss. I must have died over 300 times over the two days I played it to beat the 10 levels.

The game is featured on many sites and videos as one of the worst and hardest games ever made. Transformers 2 is out so despite it being unfair, I had to beat it. I don;t recommend trying this game. It drove me crazy. Level 9 you have to follow a set path but unlike mario castles in the original 85 classic, the path is very specific and spans across a large level. I had to use  a picture guide to follow.

I recommend watching the avgn video and other youtube videos to get a glimpse of how hard the game is. By beating it though, I reaffirm to myself that newer games haven't made in soft and a crappier player.

J Dubs

All the way through?

Postby J Dubs » June 26th, 2009, 2:16 pm

I recently replayed and beat Ico and Shadow of the Colossus back to back. Amazing games, definitely worth all the praise they get.

Return to “Video Games General”