All the way through?

General and high profile video game topics.
velcrozombie

Re: All the way through?

Postby velcrozombie » May 9th, 2015, 10:30 am

Last night I beat Super Castlevania IV for the SNES. I played this game years ago on an emulator and could never beat Stage 3 for some reason (I initially had a lot of difficulty with using the whip to swing), so gave up on the game and didn't touch it again until buying it on the Virtual Console last week. Once I got the hang of the whip mechanics I discovered that this is one of the easiest Castlevania games - although at Stage 8 the difficulty spikes dramatically and never lets up afterwards. While I enjoyed the enhanced utility of the whip, having it be so versitle also makes the subweapons less important and thus throws off the balance of the combat a bit. I wish the bosses were a bit more memorable and challenging in general - until the final boss rush (which is the highlight of the game) you can pretty much just stand in one place and whip like crazy, provided you have more than half a bar of health. On a whole I definitely had a good time, but I think I would put it slightly below my favorite entries (Castlevania III, Bloodlines and Symphony of the Night).

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » June 29th, 2015, 3:20 am

Been a lil while as my health hasn't bee that great but just fished Lego Jurassic Park on ps4 , very well done! ~Ozzy ~

nesfan

Postby nesfan » July 5th, 2015, 6:37 am

A friend and I beat the two player mode of River City Ransom for NES. It was my first time beating it and his first time playing it, so it was a pretty fresh and exciting experience for both of us.

Rev

Postby Rev » July 5th, 2015, 7:10 pm

I beat Final Fantasy VII today for the first time. I beat the game in about 77 hours, including all side quests, the optional Weapon battles, maxing out stats for my main party, and other shenanigans. If I wasn't concerned about making unbeatable characters I probably could have beaten the game in 40-45 hours, or just main quest 30-35. I like how the game had a ton of side quests to beat as it took me several weeks to just get through all of those. I wish there was an option for a hard+ mode or something where you could really test your characters in the long run. Still, I thought it was a great game, A-.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 18th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Just beat Arkham Knight. Did all side missio s but finding all the riddler trophies (how does anyone have the time to do that one)? Fantastic game. I really dug the plot, even the the twist is a bit obvious

nesfan

Postby nesfan » July 19th, 2015, 9:09 am

I beat Phantasy Star II for the Genesis. That was one intense RPG. I can't wait to play the rest of the series. And hopefully by the time I get around to playing the other games, Sega will have gotten started making Phantasy Star V. Come on, Sega. It's only 21 years since PSIV!

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » July 19th, 2015, 12:13 pm

Recently finished the downloadable survival horror game AMY, I have to say I didn't think it was nearly as bad as reviewers made it out to be.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » August 12th, 2015, 1:35 am

I've been on vacation in sturgis South Dakota , with friends and family, while its been fun enjoying the bike rally, my brother has a snes, so on our down time we've been playing super Mario world and just finished it tonight! Which is awesome cause I'm not good at platform era but the three of us ( my sister in law as well ) have has had a blast with this !!! ~Ozzy~

Rev

Postby Rev » August 12th, 2015, 1:12 pm

I don't have a ton of free time right now but I finally beat Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island at 100%. The game was a lot longer than I was expecting. It seems like the stages were quite a bit larger then most Mario 2D platformers. It would take 15-20 minutes to beat quite a few of the later stages. Still, it was quite fun. I really enjoyed the game.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » August 19th, 2015, 4:04 am

Just finished God of War 3 Remastered on ps4, still one of my fav series of games! Ozzy

Return to “Video Games General”