Sometimes it is best to start over...

General and high profile video game topics.
steer

Postby steer » January 12th, 2009, 10:57 pm

Not important why, but I left behind to some kids a few GC games, a couple of controllers, and most importantly to this topic, my memory cards....

So I am starting over, and though I have few games in my GC collection they are all first rate. It is nice to know replaying games you have thouroughly worked over after a year or two is much like rereading a favorite book: familiar, but not predictable or tedious. Fresh enough to still be very fun.

I am replaying Battalion Wars and Pikmin 2 - I DID play them after I had beaten them, but this is different, instead of just playing your favorite parts, you have to do the whole thing, and remember more.

Sometimes I think the less you have, the more you enjoy it - past(!) experience with emulation kinda proves that to the extreme! Also absense makes the heart grow fonder, I had not had these games for a year, and could not wait to tear into them, if they had sat on my shelf for a year, I am not sure I would have been as eager.

Feel the same?

Anayo1

Postby Anayo1 » January 13th, 2009, 8:41 am

I have to take a LOOONG break from games like that before I can replay them. I first beat Metroid Prime in 2003 and rebeat it in 2007, so I agree with the "like rereading a favorite book" analogy. But it takes a long time before I'm interested in investing the sort of time it takes to beat these games all over again.

Return to “Video Games General”