Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 27th, 2009, 6:08 pm

I'm about 6 hours into the game, back in the year 1000, and I'm in a cave with Robo and Marle.  There's a boss dude that looks like a chubby purple dragon with horns.  I can't seem to beat the thing.  Little strategy people?!

Gentlegamer1

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby Gentlegamer1 » January 27th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Thanks to Firefox and Ad Block Plus, I see no ads.

I had to disable it to check out the little ad banner.

Anayo1

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby Anayo1 » January 27th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Was this the guy who could only be weakened by electrical attacks? o.0

ajsmart1

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby ajsmart1 » January 28th, 2009, 9:09 pm

I've been playing the Playstation port. I just got to this point in the game myself.  Here's what I did...

I had two characters doing combo party heals, with the other character hitting with magic attacks. If I could get my health high enough, I'd do additional magic attacks instead of the party heal.  I nearly got wiped out a few times during this battle.  My characters were Lv 13.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 29th, 2009, 4:37 pm

I finally beat the thing.  I really had to go heavy on the cure spells so my characters would survive the double dose of "Water II" attacks.  They take off about 100 hit points a pop.

Mikaa

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby Mikaa » February 7th, 2009, 2:14 pm

...isn't that the boss that you have to use spells on (in general)?  It's been a while since I played that just starting out, but I think it was weaker to spells.

Later bosses, though;  those I can help with.  ^_^;  I tend to not remember the early bosses due to the fact that a New Game + quickly renders them to the status of "what was that, a gnat?"

Mikaa

Anayo1

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby Anayo1 » February 9th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Hey Mikaa, do you know what to do on the "Golem Sisters" boss? They keep killing me in under 4 moves!

ajsmart1

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby ajsmart1 » February 10th, 2009, 9:47 pm

[QUOTE=Anayo]Hey Mikaa, do you know what to do on the "Golem Sisters" boss? They keep killing me in under 4 moves!
[/QUOTE]

These two were wrecking my shop.  After I got owned by them for about the tenth time,  I figured out that only attacking with magic was the trick.  Physical attacks brings out the nasty in them.

Quill

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby Quill » February 11th, 2009, 10:21 am

I have specific advice for them if you haven't already beaten them.

You must have Lucca in your party and someone that can heal so anyone but Ayla, doesn't really matter though a character with an all heal move is best. Equip them each with a Ruby Vest or in Lucca's case a Taban Vest. Keep Lucca's Mp up and just keep hitting with Fire attacks, Fire sword 2 if you have it by then but if not fire 2 or fire sword will work. As long as you don't do any physical attacks or are really careful to follow every physical attack with a fire attack you will be fine.

MappyMousePD

Chrono Trigger (DS) Help

Postby MappyMousePD » February 11th, 2009, 7:45 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]I finally beat the thing.  I really had to go heavy on the cure spells so my characters would survive the double dose of "Water II" attacks.  They take off about 100 hit points a pop.
[/QUOTE]

Listen to you!  You're talking like an RPG veteran. 

Return to “Video Games General”