Video game you regret playing the most / ET

General and high profile video game topics.
N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » February 1st, 2009, 8:12 pm

The video game I regret playing the most,is considered the worst video game of all time universally,yet for some reason White Men Can't Jump got a lower grade even though I can think of 10 games even worse than it.

E.T. the Extraterrestrial for Atari 2600

VGC Grade
:F

My Grade: F-

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 2nd, 2009, 8:57 am

I can easily list 100 VCS/2600 games worse than E.T.  It's certainly pretty far from the bottom of the barrel even just on that system.  Why people dislike it is beyond me.  So the holes are tough to avoid the first time you play the game.  It was hard not to die in the village at the start of RE4 at first too.  It's far from an impossible thing to adjust to.  Don't step on the holes is hardly rocket scientist level thought.  Other than that there's not even anything remotely wrong with the game.  It's a solid 2600 adventure game. 

Nicholas Pozega

Postby Nicholas Pozega » February 2nd, 2009, 10:09 am

Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for GBA. It was an unbelieably bad port of a great classic game.

GRADE: F-

Emehr

Postby Emehr » February 2nd, 2009, 4:25 pm

Ok, anyone who says E.T. is the worst game ever obviously hasn't played very many video games. I'll cut you some slack though since, based on your posts and username, you seem to have grown up around the N64 era and probably have only heard about E.T. from "Top xx Worst Games Ever!!11!!" lists.

There are worse things than the pits in E.T. Go try 'Panic!' for the SegaCD and get back to us.

Michael Danehy

Postby Michael Danehy » February 2nd, 2009, 6:08 pm

ET isn't too exciting. Still, it's _playable_. The audio and visuals aren't horrendous.  Try Karate and then ET, and the latter will seem like the greatest game in the world.

MANKIND

Postby MANKIND » February 2nd, 2009, 7:15 pm

archon for the NES , its one of the worst game ive ever played.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » February 2nd, 2009, 7:49 pm

spankys quest for snes. that game went beyond sucking.

hi there

Postby hi there » February 2nd, 2009, 8:52 pm

Fight Fever for the Neo-Geo MVS.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » February 2nd, 2009, 11:23 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha! There is so much more to it than those holes.I remember falling into holes everywhere even in the spaceship at the beginning or when that doctor touches you.

I have

Activison's Tennis
E.T. the Extraterrestrial
Custer's Revenge
Night Driver
Video Olympics
Adventure
Karate
Pac-Man
Combat
Flag Capture
Donkey Kong

and yeah that's all my cartridges.Karate wasn't even bad enough to compare to a Jaguar game.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 3rd, 2009, 10:58 am

[QUOTE=N64Dude]Ha ha ha ha ha! There is so much more to it than those holes.I remember falling into holes everywhere even in the spaceship at the beginning or when that doctor touches you.
[/QUOTE]
You can't fall in a hole when you're on the spaceship.  There aren't even any holes on the spaceship screen.  As for falling when the "Doctor" touches you that can happen... if you walk into a hole as he touches you. 

You (and about 99% of "core" gamers) need to do some more homework on this one. For your perusal:
http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-et.html
http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-et-tips.html

Return to “Video Games General”