Help me with my birthday list, please.

General and high profile video game topics.
Nicholas Pozega

Postby Nicholas Pozega » February 13th, 2009, 1:40 pm

Here is my list.

N64-Space Station Silicon Valley or Rayman 2?

GC-Metal Arms: Glitch in the System or Pac-Man World 2? (Have the original PS1 Pac Man world and i love it!)

PS2-Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

PSP-Sega Genesis Collection and Mega Man Powered Up

DS-Mega Man ZX

Master System-I'm stuck choosing one of these three games: Sonic the Hedgehog Chaos, Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap.

Genesis-Castlevania Bloodlines or Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures II?

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 13th, 2009, 2:25 pm

You receive +100 Exp for having such an awesome list.

I can't help you narrow it down, but it is a very solid list.  You seem to have a very old school orientation.   Pretty much any one of those would make a great Birthday gift. 

Anayo1

Postby Anayo1 » February 13th, 2009, 2:33 pm

RKA II is a very disappointing sequel. I wouldn't recommend it.

Nicholas Pozega

Postby Nicholas Pozega » February 13th, 2009, 2:55 pm

A couple changes:

Klonoa 2 or Rayman Revolution?

Mega Man ZX or Retro Game Challenge?

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » February 13th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Let me help as best I can

N64: Rayman 2 [I've never played the other one,but this is practically the best version of Rayman 2,whatever you do don't get the remake of this for DS]

GCN: Unless you already have Battaluion Wars,put this one on the list,but of the 2 listed Pac Man World 2

I can't help with the SONY ones

Master System: Sonic Chaos wasn't released for Master System over here in America,so between the two that were,.......Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Genesis: Do you already have Vectorman??

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » February 15th, 2009, 8:04 pm

[QUOTE=N64Dude]Let me help as best I can

N64: Rayman 2 [I've never played the other one,but this is practically the best version of Rayman 2,whatever you do don't get the remake of this for DS]

GCN: Unless you already have Battaluion Wars,put this one on the list,but of the 2 listed Pac Man World 2

I can't help with the SONY ones

Master System: Sonic Chaos wasn't released for Master System over here in America,so between the two that were,.......Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Genesis: Do you already have Vectorman??

[/QUOTE]

Whoa.... Alex Kid isn't even in the same league as Wonder Boy III.  I'd argue that Dragon's Trap is easily the best game for the entire system, let alone among those you mentioned for it.

I loved Bloodlines.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » February 15th, 2009, 8:21 pm

I never really got why Dragon's Trap is hailed as much as it is. I mean, it's a good game, but it's nowhere close to being the best on the system. Even it's two prequels are better games.

missingno

Postby missingno » February 15th, 2009, 10:00 pm

Pac-Man World 2 for GameCube would be a great buy. It gets frustrating at times, but it's overall a good game, especially if you get it with Pac-Man Vs which is some of the best multiplayer fun on the GameCube. Also for PSP, I definitely recommend Mega Man Powered Up, though I can imagine Genesis Collection is great too despite I don't have it.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » February 15th, 2009, 10:20 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Campbell

Whoa......Alex Kid isn't even in the same league as Wonder Boy III [/QUOTE]

Are you insane???? Alex Kidd was about as good as it gets.Wonder Boy III was nothing compared to Alex Kidd. Comparing Wonder Boy to Alex Kidd is like comparing Kirby to Mario. Some platformer by some little company for Atari vs Pitfall! 3D Sonic to 2D Sonic all in all the latter one is soundly superior

Return to “Video Games General”