What reviews would you like to see?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 1st, 2009, 11:27 am

Some of you may wonder how I select the games I am reviewing.  There are a lot of factors. 

First, I feel a responsibility to give games I am sent top priority.  This includes games sent by publishers and readers a like!  Yes, this is the best part of being the VGC.  Not much money in this, but plenty of games in the mail.

Next, I feel the need to "mix it up" with the old and new.  If I review a set of Wii games, I'd prefer to follow it up with NES or Atari 2600 reviews.  This site covers a lot of ground, and people like the variety.  I rarely post reviews for the same system in succession.

Next, I like to review new games while they are still popular and in the public eye.  For example, I definitely want to get a Street Fighter IV review out in the next week or two.

Next, there are games I just get the itch for.  I happen to own a lot of the King of Fighters games for the Neo Geo, and I am dying to review them in succession, which I will probably do today.

Finally, I like to make sure I review games for systems I have not covered in a while.  Since this is the lowest priority, I know there have been a lot of systems that have fallen through the cracks.  Hopefully I'll be able to rectify that soon.  That's the problem with covering so many systems - I become spread very thin.

Anyway, now I'd like to hear about what systems you would like to see new reviews for. 

Nicholas Pozega

Postby Nicholas Pozega » March 1st, 2009, 11:40 am

Playstation-Rayman, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

SNES-Super Smash TV, Sparkster (COMPLETELY different from the Genesis Sparkster) Kirby's Dreamland 3

Master System-Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (COMPLETELY different from the Genesis version!) Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Genesis-Rocket Knight Adventures, Sparkster

N64-Space Station Silicon Valley, Banjo-Tooie

Gamecube-Pac-Man World 2, Mega Man X Collection, Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

PS2-Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Jak III

PSP-Sega Genesis Collection, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X

GBA-Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Rayman 3 (Different from the console R3)

DS-Super Mario 64 DS, Kirby Super Star Ultra

To name a few requests.

andrew

Postby andrew » March 1st, 2009, 12:04 pm

[QUOTE=Nicholas Pozega]

N64-Space Station Silicon Valley, Banjo-Tooie

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see those reviews as well but those titles are not cheap to acquire.

PS2:
Salt Lake 2002
Terminator 3: The Redemption - quite tough but enjoyable

NES:
Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf - no actual fighting, just a solid gold game.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 1st, 2009, 12:41 pm

Guys, you can list specific games if you want, but what I was really looking for were the systems you'd like to see more reviews for.

One other review factor I forgot to mention: strike while the iron is hot.  I had two of my old buddies over last night, and we played a bunch of classic games I haven't played in a long time.  They made a lot of interesting observations which I will use to revise those old reviews.  Obviously I need to do that now before I forget what was said.

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » March 1st, 2009, 12:58 pm

More Intellivision reviews!

andrew

Postby andrew » March 1st, 2009, 1:31 pm

More n64 reviews shall suffice.

Michael D

Postby Michael D » March 1st, 2009, 1:31 pm

As far as systems, I'd say that you should do more Gamecube reviews, seeing as it's been almost a year since the last couple.  By the same standard, I'd say 32X, although with the exceptions of Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, RBI Baseball 95 and Supreme Warrior, there's really nothing left for it that you haven't already covered (aside from a couple of European and Japanese only games, and I'm not sure how or if you'd end up playing those on your American system).

Logan Ruckman

Postby Logan Ruckman » March 1st, 2009, 2:04 pm

Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars for SNES and The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask for N64.

cory

Postby cory » March 1st, 2009, 2:13 pm

It's been forever since you've done some 3DO reviews....

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » March 1st, 2009, 3:10 pm

Since im an original xbox junkie, thats my vote lol
more original xbox reviews!!

Return to “Video Games General”