Reccommended DS games

General and high profile video game topics.
Atarifever1

Reccommended DS games

Postby Atarifever1 » March 16th, 2006, 10:01 pm

[QUOTE=Boston]

Trade in your DS for a PSP; you will be MUCH happier! Read the critics reviews...there is too many Nintendo fanboys on this site to get any objective information from a general forum. Peace!

[/QUOTE]
Far and away the worst post you've ever written.  Congratulations.

Atarifever1

Reccommended DS games

Postby Atarifever1 » March 16th, 2006, 11:43 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=Boston]

Trade in your DS for a PSP; you will be MUCH happier! Read the critics reviews...there is too many Nintendo fanboys on this site to get any objective information from a general forum. Peace!

[/QUOTE]
Far and away the worst post you've ever written.  Congratulations.
[/QUOTE]
Before you ask, allow me to elaborate:
1) The post asked for DS recommendations and you chime in "trade the DS for a PSP", reccommending a whole Sony system in a thread having nothing to do with Sony and instead asking for games for another system.  Then you have the gall to use the word fanboy to describe other members of the board.  Way to go.  Yeah we're going to need a new level on the irony metre for this one.
2) Where do people like you and SuperJay get this "nintendo fanboy board" myth?  Let's see, I guess you're probably thinking of Sega Saturn X:  SEGA Saturn X.  A guy who decided to use a pretty much failed Sega console as his online name.  How about Alienblue, who I believe doesn't even have a system this gen besides the DS and bought it because it appealed to him.  How about Zen, who I believe has stated something of a dislike for the Cube many times, but has been won over by the DS anyway.  How about JM Vargas, who has an N-gage, Ds, and PSP if I remember correctly.  How about me.  Yeah, I play my Xbox as much as my Cube, insist that the Xbox and 360 have the best online service, today I posted that I think the 360 might take first place from the PS3, I've pointed out many times my intention to buy a 360, I bought an N-Gage before a DS even though the DS was out when I got the N-gage, and I have constantly pointed out that I love the Genesis and hate the SNES. Oh wait, maybe you're referring to the critic himself.  Yeah, just looking at that biased list of systems he owns there on the left; certainly makes it clear that he only likes Nintendo. 
Now that we've cleared that up I'll spell out what I assume is the only explanation: You are so used to all of your buddies, the MTV type videogame media, and the people on Xbox and PS2 websites writing stuff like "OMG, the DS has suxors for grafix!  LOLOLOLOLOLOL!  Suxors!  PSP is the roxors for lifors" that the moment anyone says the DS is *gasp* good, you assume they can't be anything but a fanboy.  After all, all of your biased sources say otherwise.  The funny thing is that in that equation you're the fanboy. 

Alienblue

Reccommended DS games

Postby Alienblue » March 17th, 2006, 6:13 am

Thanks, Atarifever, I was going to say that! God I hate the
name FANBOY! Why not just "fan"? And for B's information, the
reason so many PORTABLE players play Nintendo is nintendo still
OWNS that market! Until quite recently their only competition
was cellphones and the N*gauge=different market. And the PSP- way overpriced (though a good system still-see? would a "fanboy" say that?) and more multimedia then strictly a games system (kinda reminds me of a Tv/VCR/DVD combo-games/movies/net)...THAT is why so many portable players play nintendo. And face it, PSP may be the better "system" thechnology wise but we've had that before- Sega master was "better" then NES, Intv was "better" then Atari, yet the system with the BEST GAMES always wins, remember! Think before you write: at least say WHY PSP is better! (Someday when the price comes down I would like to play LUMINES-er- any other
good games? Oh yeh, Namco battle collection...that's 2!-42!)

sega saturn x

Reccommended DS games

Postby sega saturn x » March 17th, 2006, 5:08 pm

If you're looking for some ds action you can't go wrong with trauma center and phoenix wright ace attourney my undoubted favorite games for the system, and two of my all time favorites.

And can we cut out the fanboy crap?   I know you're bitter not everyone fawns over the psp the way you do, but get over it.  I love the saturn and the cube, and it isn't a secret that those systems didn't exactly take the number one in sales.  And a lot of people make fun of them, but I don't lash out over it.

Cafeman1

Reccommended DS games

Postby Cafeman1 » March 17th, 2006, 11:40 pm

We don't have too much for DS, but we all the games we've bought. The bright screens and good visuals/sounds, and the touch pad concept really makes the DS a winner. Anyway ...

Mario 64 DS -- those mini-games are a lot of fun after you get tired of the main game, which you perhaps already played. Rolling snowballs with your thumb, playing card games etc. Pretty fun game with lots to do.

Sonic Rush -- Finally, a great fresh new Sonic game. I like this so much more than any of the already-good GBA Sonic games. The touches of 3D added to the usual 2D gameplay make it very fresh.

Animal Crossing -- I don't play it, but my 2 kids and the wife seem to fawn over it quite a bit. In fact, nearly every kid I know loves this game.

Return to “Video Games General”