Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

General and high profile video game topics.
feilong801

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby feilong801 » April 22nd, 2011, 11:39 pm

Lol, as someone with friends literally all over the globe, online stuff matters, and I for on am happy that SFIV focused on that. I think you need to start adding "bump this up a grade if you like online play and features."

-Rob

Luke

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby Luke » April 23rd, 2011, 2:07 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Mortal Kombat is making Street Fighter 4 look bad. Back when I first played SF4 I was disappointed that the game was geared so much toward on-line play, but I guess I bought into the argument that "that's the way things are now". Well, the new Mortal Kombat has proven that's not the case. Tons of modes, plenty of stuff to unlock, and it never prods you to log into X-box Live. If anything, it's the on-line stuff that seems tacked on. [/QUOTE]I think that's partially true. Especially since a lot of people have complained about the online lag during matches and occasional game freezes with "King of the Hill" mode.

Blueguy93

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby Blueguy93 » April 23rd, 2011, 5:09 pm

Question critic, how are you going to review the game? is it just going to be Mortal Kombat, or is it going to be Mortal Kombat: Kollectors Edition? Or do you have both the original and Kollectors Edition?

0-Storm

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby 0-Storm » April 24th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Saw the Kollector's Edition at Wal Mart. Bookend of Scorpian looked UBER COOL! Too bad $100 is way outa my price range. Imagine getting this game used at Gamestop; if they had the bookend it would be all sticky & broken. Ha, ha, sad but funny.

Didn't care for SFIV graphics. Too over-the-top & goofy lookin. Everyone looked like Steroid Freaks. I like the way the MK graphics look better (from screen shots).  

Awesome too read the focus is more on off-line play. Online gaming is ruining the video game industry.  

Luke

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby Luke » April 25th, 2011, 2:58 am

[QUOTE=0-Storm]Online gaming is ruining the video game industry. [/QUOTE]There's nothing wrong with online gaming. It's the people who develop and run some of the online features in games that are ruining the industry.

Chaser1

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby Chaser1 » April 28th, 2011, 4:25 pm

I've now beaten the story mode twice (once to show my friend who is a big MK fan) and I've also finished arcade mode with every character. I can say without a doubt that this is my favorite fighting game ever and I don't even like fighting games in general. Street Fighter never really did it for me and I always preferred the MK games, with part 2 being my favorite until now. This new game is just amazing...everything an old-school MK fan could've asked for and more. The single-player content is huge, which is great for me since I don't play online at all. I can't say enough good things about the game, really. Anyone who has the slightest interest in fighting games should check this out.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 28th, 2011, 4:51 pm

[QUOTE=Luke][QUOTE=0-Storm]Online gaming is ruining the video game industry. [/QUOTE]There's nothing wrong with online gaming. It's the people who develop and run some of the online features in games that are ruining the industry.[/QUOTE]

There's a LOT wrong with on-line gaming.  Among other things, the quality of games has decreased because publishers feel they can always  "fix it later in a patch".

But I wouldn't pin it on the developers.  I'd pin in on the greedy corporate executives who are only interested in the bottom line, not providing value to the consumer.

Sorry for getting off topic!!

David

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby David » April 28th, 2011, 6:57 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]
There's a LOT wrong with on-line gaming.  Among other things, the quality of games has decreased because publishers feel they can always  "fix it later in a patch".
[/QUOTE]
Not to set the topic more off-track, but how are you sure that's because of developer laziness/"corporate greed" or that the complexity of games has increased exponentially in the last 20 or so years?  Maybe 20 years ago there would've been a lot more bugs in games that are as big as Fallout 3, Oblivion, etc. 

Luke

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby Luke » May 1st, 2011, 3:08 pm

I just wanted to point out that Mortal Kombat for PS3/360 is now on sale this week (5/1 - 5/7) for $39.99 at Toys R Us, but there's also a $10 off coupon for the new MK game in the free "Gamer Guide" magazine (that are usually located near the checkout counter) and that will also stack with this offer. So that drops it down to $29.99 (plus tax).

I just picked mine up for 360. Cost me $32.84

0-Storm

Mortal Kombat is BACK!!

Postby 0-Storm » May 1st, 2011, 9:15 pm

[QUOTE=Luke]I just wanted to point out that Mortal Kombat for PS3/360 is now on sale this week (5/1 - 5/7) for $39.99 at Toys R Us, but there's also a $10 off coupon for the new MK game in the free "Gamer Guide" magazine (that are usually located near the checkout counter) and that will also stack with this offer. So that drops it down to $29.99 (plus tax).

I just picked mine up for 360. Cost me $32.84 [/QUOTE]

Glad to see TRU trying to compete. I always like shopping there & hope they can stay in business. I don't know about the sale, but I did grab their Gamer Guide & there is indeed a $10 off coupon for MK.

Return to “Video Games General”