Debates you are tired of.

General and high profile video game topics.
Luke

Postby Luke » June 28th, 2011, 3:15 pm

[QUOTE=Leo]I guess they prefer having the best possible control for their first person shooters. It's hardly ignorance.
[/QUOTE]It is ignorance because they're ignoring the fact that a lot of people still prefer playing their video games on a dedicated console in their living room rather than sitting all cramped up at a computer desk on a heavily-modified PC.

andrew

Postby andrew » June 28th, 2011, 4:18 pm

[QUOTE=Luke][QUOTE=Leo]I guess they prefer having the best possible control for their first person shooters. It's hardly ignorance.
[/QUOTE]It is ignorance because they're ignoring the fact that a lot of people still prefer playing their video games on a dedicated console in their living room rather than sitting all cramped up at a computer desk on a heavily-modified PC.[/QUOTE]

That's irrelevant really. PC provides the best version of FPS and there's no getting around that. Now not everybody can afford to have the high end system all the time which makes consoles so attractive but at the end of the day, it's not ignorant to say PC provide the best FPS experience if your system meets the recommended specs.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » June 28th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Does anyone else see the irony in debating one of the topics that you're tired of?

I blame Leo.

He started it...

------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic itself, I'm worn out on the N-system is better than any others. 

Lastly, I've ready enough of the digital downloads will ruin videogames forever, so don't buy them topics.  I can easily do without those. 

andrew

Postby andrew » June 28th, 2011, 4:39 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]Does anyone else see the irony in debating one of the topics that you're tired of?

I blame Leo.

He started it...

------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic itself, I'm worn out on the N-system is better than any others. 

Lastly, I've ready enough of the digital downloads will ruin videogames forever, so don't buy them topics.  I can easily do without those. 
[/QUOTE]

Don't blame Leo, debating a tired debate was inevitable.

Julio III

Postby Julio III » June 28th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Yeah, i'll agree with pc vs console, console A vs console B, hardcore vs casual, physical vs digital media, 2d vs 3d etc. Also that whole "are videogames art?" thing which was going on a while back

0-Storm

Postby 0-Storm » June 28th, 2011, 9:09 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]Lastly, I've ready enough of the digital downloads will ruin videogames forever, so don't buy them topics.  I can easily do without those. 
[/QUOTE]

My favorite topic, because of its utter importance. Its so true. On the plus side once the industry is ultimately ruined by digital downloads no one will need to debate about it anymore.

Hardcore_Sadism1

Postby Hardcore_Sadism1 » June 29th, 2011, 10:38 am

Yeah this topic is not us debating such tall claims.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » June 29th, 2011, 12:19 pm

3D vs 2D,Console vs PC, and even the old "Old games are more difficult" mantra vs "Older games get beaten quicker".

Seriously maybe on average difficulty has gone down,but honestly it's not like new games are a cakewalk,and it's not like all old games are Mega Man/Battletoads/Castlevania hard either,so it bothers me when people argue under that

All the same it bothers me when on some forums,older games are trashed for not having as many levels and for only taking a few hours,sometimes becuase the difficulty is just fake. Clearly these games never played Legend of Zelda.

Snesfreak

Postby Snesfreak » June 30th, 2011, 3:45 am

Anti Nintendo (inducing) threads, ugh 

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » July 1st, 2011, 2:30 pm

All of the above .

Return to “Video Games General”