Ebay and Amazon links

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 8th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Do you guys remember to use my Ebay and Amazon links before you buy something from those sites?  I know it's easy to forget - even I forget sometimes!

I suspect I would be a wealthy man if everybody remembered to use them, so please try to!  I get referral bonuses.  Thanks.

feilong801

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby feilong801 » August 9th, 2011, 1:22 am

Thanks for the reminder! I'll be sure to do just that.

I think it is a good idea to post regular (maybe once a month or so) reminders. Maybe even make it an "ad" on the site or something.

Guy

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby Guy » August 9th, 2011, 11:11 am

I use the E-Bay links all the time.

DrCruse (JesusSaves)

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby DrCruse (JesusSaves) » August 9th, 2011, 1:57 pm

You've got the Ebay links in such an inconspicuous place, I never even notice them. I looked and I can't even find the Amazon links when I try!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 9th, 2011, 4:59 pm

Thanks to all of you who are making an effort to use the links.  I know they are easy to miss, but I like to keep the look of the site clean.  Last fall I pointed them out to some people, and there was a big jump in usage.

Some systems do not have Amazon links, since there aren't many people selling classic games on there last time I checked.

Keep in mind there are "general purpose" ebay and amazon links on the top right side of the site - next to the banner.

Carl1

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby Carl1 » August 9th, 2011, 7:00 pm

I never buy video games online but I tend to pick up CD's on eBay (especially imports and rare albums). If I click the link on the top of the page, will it matter if I buy a Red Hot Chili Peppers album? Also, does the referral bonus increase with the size of the purchase? Just for reference purposes...thanks! Much respect...

-Carl

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 9th, 2011, 7:05 pm

As long as you get from Ebay or Amazon from my site, I should qualify for the referral.  It does not matter what you buy - CDs, clothes, etc.

And yes, I get more money if the purchase is bigger.  My buddy Scott bought a big LCD TV with my links a few months back, and I got $100 for that single transaction.  I couldn't believe it.

Migalley

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby Migalley » August 9th, 2011, 7:08 pm

i use it all the time. My wife is addicted to amazon and she uses it too.

Sudz1

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby Sudz1 » August 9th, 2011, 9:21 pm

I always make sure to use them anytime I'm buying something from either Amazon or Ebay, regardless if it has anything to do with videogames or not.  I try to remind my wife too, especially around Christmas when the purchases are flying fast and furious! 

gleebergloben1

Ebay and Amazon links

Postby gleebergloben1 » August 10th, 2011, 10:21 am

I know it's already been said, but regardless of what you buy, VGC gets a small commission if you use his link. And I've been telling my wife to use Dave's site when buying online. We are going to buy a 55 inch to 65 inch LED TV, and I plan on using this site.

VGC, as admirable as it is to keep the links in a somewhat out-of-the-way place, it would be nice to have the links more visible, or we could just keep a monthly thread reminder stating, "you like this site? use the links or i will hunt you down."

And may I say again how much I enjoy visiting this site.  your reviews are insightful, tightly written, and very humorous. And I also like the people who visit and post at this site regularly.....passionate about gaming, educated, and for me, most importantly, respectful to others.

Return to “Video Games General”