Favorite Light Gun Game?

General and high profile video game topics.
Dennis

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby Dennis » November 5th, 2011, 12:21 am

Police Trainer and the Point Blank series.  There are so many different challenges in those games (vs. most light gun games, which are just level after level of shooting people).

Allpaul1

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby Allpaul1 » November 6th, 2011, 1:07 pm

I really like Alien Brigade on the 7800...

Fingers dripping ink

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby Fingers dripping ink » November 10th, 2011, 1:16 am

I love Time Crisis 1 + 2. Terminator 2 Arcade is awesome. I picked up Vampire Night (PS2) recently and that was a lot of fun.

The Mad Blogger

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby The Mad Blogger » November 10th, 2011, 10:26 am

OK, I give the following top light gun choices:

1. Jurassic Park (arcade). I have this in my house, and this game is a game where you sit down in a makeshift vehicle with one other person and shoot dinosaurs. Very cool (and creepy) game.

2. Dino Strike (Wii). This is the MOST UNDERRATED light gun game ever made. If you have a Wii, you have to give this a try.

3. Duck Hunt (NES). Yes, it is cheesy, but there is something about shooting ducks that makes all seem right with the world.

MoonMetropolis

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby MoonMetropolis » November 10th, 2011, 4:35 pm

[QUOTE=The Mad Blogger]1. Jurassic Park (arcade). I have this in my house, and this game is a game where you sit down in a makeshift vehicle with one other person and shoot dinosaurs. Very cool (and creepy) game.[/QUOTE]
The one where the chair on the cabinet moves?

That isn't a light gun game.  I think you're referring to the Jurassic Park III game.

Blueguy1

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby Blueguy1 » November 10th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Would Duck Hunt for the Nes count? If so, I've played that and loved it. 

The Mad Blogger

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby The Mad Blogger » November 11th, 2011, 9:33 am

When I refer to a light gun, I am referring to a device where there is a gun used as the controller. For the Jurassic Park arcade game, it is most definitely not JP3. The way you recharge the bullets is by pointing the gun down and shooting. Hope this helps.

As for Duck Hunt (NES), I think that qualifies as a light gun game.

Hope this helps,
Robert

porypowerhour

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby porypowerhour » November 11th, 2011, 11:03 am

Gumshoe for sure

Blueguy1

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby Blueguy1 » November 11th, 2011, 2:34 pm

[QUOTE=The Mad Blogger]When I refer to a light gun, I am referring to a device where there is a gun used as the controller. For the Jurassic Park arcade game, it is most definitely not JP3. The way you recharge the bullets is by pointing the gun down and shooting. Hope this helps. As for Duck Hunt (NES), I think that qualifies as a light gun game. Hope this helps, Robert [/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Dennis

Favorite Light Gun Game?

Postby Dennis » November 11th, 2011, 11:06 pm

I'm guessing Jurassic Park is the only game where you have to shoot the poop coming out of a dinosaur's butt.

Return to “Video Games General”