PS vita: Success or failure.

General and high profile video game topics.
Stephen

Postby Stephen » December 23rd, 2011, 2:00 pm

Stephen has returned!

I want to know, do you think the Vita will blow our minds or fail with the same faite as the PSP? I think it will fail, the 3DS is sold out all over my entrie COUNTY! The PSP shelves are marked down to 79.99 used in great condition, but nobody wants it. The PS3's are completely full of dust. Do you think the vita will end sony, or innovate in gaming?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 23rd, 2011, 2:22 pm

I heard the Vita sold well in Japan, but the systems have been having a tremendous number of technical issues that have customers up in arms.

Is the system going to be download games only?

Stephen

Postby Stephen » December 23rd, 2011, 2:33 pm

Dave, at E3 it had a back touch pad and sorts, so I was wondering where the disks would go. I  woud belive it would take disks, but it might be download only. If thats the case, I think thats a mistake

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » December 23rd, 2011, 3:00 pm

I think Sony has franchises that will keep at least a dedicated base interested in the Vita.  Heck, I almost want to pick one up just for its forthcoming Uncharted game.

But I think that the 3DS will probably still catch most of the attention.  I feel like the 3DS is over its slow start.  I could be wrong though -- things are still open to change.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » December 23rd, 2011, 3:08 pm

No, it's using small carts, sort of similar to the Ds in design.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » December 23rd, 2011, 3:54 pm

I think the Vita will certainly be a success. I have an interest in getting it as well, especially since I only have Nintendo handhelds.

Speaking of which, I think there could be a rivalry between the 3DS and Vita. My 3DS games are getting tons of playtime, so we'll see if the same thing happens with the Vita.

David

Postby David » December 23rd, 2011, 5:14 pm

[QUOTE=m0zart]I think Sony has franchises that will keep at least a dedicated base interested in the Vita.  Heck, I almost want to pick one up just for its forthcoming Uncharted game.

But I think that the 3DS will probably still catch most of the attention.  I feel like the 3DS is over its slow start.  I could be wrong though -- things are still open to change.
[/QUOTE]

Me too.  That and the new Hot Shots Golf game look really good.

The carts go into a slot on the top which is covered by a plastic door that's tethered to the system, similar to the door to the memory card slot on the PSP-2000/3000.  Seems a little flimsy to me, but hopefully it won't be a problem.

Is the PS3 selling that poorly?

The PS3's are completely full of dust.

Is that accurate?  I was under the impression that the PS3 was keeping pace with the 360. 

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 23rd, 2011, 5:21 pm

I'm not impressed with the Vita launch titles.  A new Hot Shots Game?  Another Lumines?  A scaled down Uncharted??  What does the Vita have to offer these games?  When I was playing Uncharted 3, I never once thought, "this is great, but I wish I could play it on the bus!"

If Sony was smart they'd release a game that you couldn't get for any other system.  Portable titles should be simple and addictive.  I still don't think Sony gets it.

Stephen

Postby Stephen » December 23rd, 2011, 5:25 pm

Yes it's true, I haven't seen a single ps3 sold on the local stores shelves. I happen to work at a game store now that I lost my other job, and the Wiis have flied off the shelves. That gave some mothers the privelege to sneak away and grab leftover xbox 360s (which are on sale for 129.99!). I think  that we've sold allot of ps3 games though, probably because we had a special for 10.00 for every game yesterday. The 3Ds is no exception, weve sold nearly 1,000 in the past two weeks

Truthfulpietro1

Postby Truthfulpietro1 » December 23rd, 2011, 5:27 pm

Its funny you mention the PS Vita. I've read that the Sony Taiwan press conference was a complete fiasco:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/1110/game111029b.shtml

Seriously, how can someone declare that Super Mario Bros is your favourite Playstation game while holding the Vita Upside-Down?

Return to “Video Games General”