PS vita: Success or failure.

General and high profile video game topics.
Michael Prymula

Postby Michael Prymula » December 25th, 2011, 1:04 pm

Well a portable Uncharted is nice for those of us who want to experience what the franchise is like without having to buy a PS3.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » December 25th, 2011, 3:07 pm

[QUOTE=Michael Prymula]Well a portable Uncharted is nice for those of us who want to experience what the franchise is like without having to buy a PS3.
[/QUOTE]

The problem is you'll need to buy a Vita to experience it then!

Luke

Postby Luke » December 25th, 2011, 5:20 pm

The Vita version of Uncharted will be unique due to its touch-screen controls.

What will be unique about Mario Kart 7 other than the optional 3D visuals?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 25th, 2011, 5:58 pm

[QUOTE=Luke]The Vita version of Uncharted will be unique due to its touch-screen controls.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have anything to do with being unique.  It's about being a good portable game experience.

I was playing the new Mario Kart at my nephew's yesterday off and on.  It's the kind of game you can play for two minutes, put it down, and play later.

If you're played Uncharted, it's nothing like that.  Heck some of the cut-scenes are a few minutes on the PS3.

There's a reason why Angry Birds is a runaway hit on portables, but Final Fantasy is not.

Luke

Postby Luke » December 25th, 2011, 6:43 pm

You've obviously never heard of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy then. Or the 2 God of War games on the PSP. They're all excellent

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » December 25th, 2011, 6:53 pm

[QUOTE=Luke]The Vita version of Uncharted will be unique due to its touch-screen controls.

[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart 7 has brand new hang gliding abilities, underwater races, first person racing option (which is awesome and simple to control), customization, and brand new items. Plus the Vita is basically ripping off of the original DS's touchscreen controls, so it really isn't [B]THAT[/B] unique.

Luke

Postby Luke » December 25th, 2011, 9:03 pm

I never said Vita's touch-screen system was unique. I was saying the Uncharted game on Vita has touch-screen controls which makes it unique from it's bigger brother on PS3.

Paul C

Postby Paul C » December 25th, 2011, 9:38 pm

[QUOTE=Luke]You've obviously never heard of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy then. Or the 2 God of War games on the PSP. They're all excellent[/QUOTE]

I don't think the core of the debate is whether or not the games are good, it's how well-suited they are for portable play.

Luke

Postby Luke » December 25th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Well who's to say what's well-suited and what isn't?

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » December 26th, 2011, 1:21 am

[QUOTE=Luke]I never said Vita's touch-screen system was unique. I was saying the Uncharted game on Vita has touch-screen controls which makes it unique from it's bigger brother on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad. I must have read it incorrectly. Sorry about that.

Return to “Video Games General”