Deus Ex: Human Revolution

General and high profile video game topics.
wur1

Postby wur1 » March 14th, 2012, 3:16 am

Just curious, have any of you guys been playing this?  I'm really enjoying it.

I didn't like the first one when I played it, but I like this one so much I might give it a second chance.

Michael Prymula

Postby Michael Prymula » March 14th, 2012, 11:42 am

I played Invsible War and really dug that one, so I was really excited to see how this one stacked up, and it didn't dissapoint, it's amazing how many possible paths you take in conversations and how you have to choose wisely what you spend your praxis points on.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » March 14th, 2012, 3:00 pm

I've been playing Resident Evil 4 exclusively for a week or so (I posted this in the "Now Playing" section) but the game I stopped playing to start RE4 was Deus Ex: Human Revolution.  I'm not a big RPG guy; more of an action gamer.  So this game is perfect for me; you really can choose how you play it.  You can play it like an RPG with more strategy (item management, upgrades) or like a stealth game or like a straight FPS (thought that always seems to get me killed).  And it's also has open world and morality/choice elements.

I've also really enjoyed the production values.  The voice acting in particular is great.  The art style is fantastic (they used lots of black and gold) and it makes that future dystopia theme really work.  It's really cheap right now, too.  I got it a month ago from Gamefly for $13.  That's a "no risk" price.  Incredible game.  Very challenging.

wur1

Postby wur1 » March 14th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Are you listening, Dave?  Buy this game.

txsizzler1

Postby txsizzler1 » March 27th, 2012, 2:22 pm

I bought the game and the DLC at Gamersgate when they had the whole pack for under $13. Still have yet to play it though

Return to “Video Games General”