Missing Atari 2600 Reviews?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 22nd, 2012, 2:49 pm

I think my Atari 2600 section covers all the common titles, but are there any that may have slipped through the cracks?  I'm not talking about prototypes or super-rare titles like Swordquest Waterworld.  I'm thinking there are still a good number of obscure titles that I'm missing.  Let me know!

Stephen

Postby Stephen » January 22nd, 2012, 3:54 pm

Obviously, the reproduction cartridge of a game called Elk Attacj, a very fun game, a Pac-Man clone.

TedE.Bear

Postby TedE.Bear » January 22nd, 2012, 7:48 pm

I do believe it's been mentioned a few times before...a review of Track and Field for the 2600 is missing.   It's a good one.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 22nd, 2012, 7:57 pm

[QUOTE=TedE.Bear]

I do believe it's been mentioned a few times before...a review of Track and Field for the 2600 is missing.   It's a good one.

[/QUOTE]

Any suggestions on where I might find this one?  Doesn't it come with a special controller?

porypowerhour

Postby porypowerhour » January 23rd, 2012, 1:44 am

Yeah it uses a special controller. Said controller is at a game store in the farmer's market nearby for like 20 dollars

Lucky Man

Postby Lucky Man » January 23rd, 2012, 2:44 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic][QUOTE=TedE.Bear]

[/QUOTE]

Any suggestions on where I might find this one?  Doesn't it come with a special controller?
[/QUOTE]

The joystick works fine for this one, just like Decathlon.

Lucky Man

Postby Lucky Man » January 24th, 2012, 4:42 pm

Here are some recommended games you are missing:

Ikari Warriors
Kung-Fu Master
Motocross Racer
Ram It
Spitfire Attack
Subterranea
Summer Games
Xenophobe

Also some excellent homebrews:

Crazy Balloon
Fall Down
Lead
Strat-O-Gems Deluxe

Ikaris1

Postby Ikaris1 » September 24th, 2012, 3:43 am

I'd like to see these reviews:
Acid Drop, Pick'n'Pile: two PAL exclusives, two games from the same guy, D.M. Kiss, two puzzle games (one falling-blocks game and one... pick'n'piling-blocks game...), in my opinion one is a little gem and one is a piece of garbage... but I don't want to say which is the good one to me, and I'd like to hear your point of view...
Obelix: Asterix has a review (I mean Taz, which is the same game indeed)... Obelix deserves one too! I think that it could be a great, great game, BUT... BUT... well, I'd like to see if you find in this game the same big flaw that I found!
Kabobber: never released, but it was finished, according to its author's words. It was latter published on Activision Hits Remixed for PSP, and you can also find the rom for playing it on a VCS... weird game in my opinion, repetitive but quite fun, simple and joyful.

Crash_Corrigan1

Postby Crash_Corrigan1 » November 18th, 2012, 6:41 pm

How about the Sears exclusive Submarine Commander? 

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 18th, 2012, 7:29 pm

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I definitely have Submarine Commander - don't know why there's no review.

Return to “Classic Gaming”