Rayman Origins (Xbox 360)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Leo1

Postby Leo1 » January 12th, 2012, 9:46 pm

[QUOTE=Blueguy]Hey, those 90's cartoons on cartoon network are the best! Aside from Regular Show, Adventure Time and Gumball, which I am a fan of.[/QUOTE]

Different taste

For me, cartoons were at their height during the 1940's with Disney & MGM's shorts and Warner Brother's Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies line. Last cartoons I loved were Disney in the late 80's and early 90's (DuckTales, TaleSpin, and Rescue Rangers). Cartoons in the style you like are just a complete turnoff to me.

Anyways, I'm glad to see people like Ozzybear buying and enjoying this game. Lots of care went into it and it deserves to be rewarded with some attention from gamers. I hope it inspires Ubisoft to consider some more high quality 2D projects in the future.

Chaser1

Postby Chaser1 » January 14th, 2012, 11:04 am

Toys R Us has marked this game down to $20. It's sold out online but you might still find it in the stores. I got a copy from the website before it sold out but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Loved the demo, just hoping the difficulty doesn't turn me off.

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » January 14th, 2012, 4:41 pm

I got mine at gamestop for onl 29.99. and considering its still relativly new i thought it was a good deal, and as i stated above earlier, i think its a great game. I dont care what cartoon it does or doesnt remind me of. Take it for what it is, a great platformer that is a nice change to play.

Luke

Postby Luke » March 3rd, 2012, 4:18 pm

You guys can add me to the list of people who adore this game. I got to try the PS3 demo today and absolutely fell in love with it.

I especially like the variety of the levels, from standard running and jumping, to shoot 'em up, to underwater swimming... everything just feels right and looks incredible. Also, the sound designers did an amazing job! The music and sound effects fit perfectly.

But most of all... the game just has a really great vibe and plays like a good old fashioned 2D side-scroller/platformer. I bet the game designers themselves had a fun time putting this one together.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » March 3rd, 2012, 7:13 pm

[QUOTE=Luke]I got to try the PS3 demo today and absolutely fell in love with it.

I especially like the variety of the levels, from standard running and jumping, to shoot 'em up, to underwater swimming...  [/QUOTE]
You got all that from the demo? I'm gonna have to download that.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » May 22nd, 2012, 1:06 am

Hard to imagine richer scenery than things like this.

[IMG]http://www.zeldainformer.com/reviews/raymanorigins2.jpg[/IMG]

Return to “Now Playing”