My dreams for the perfect Dawn of the Dead game.

General and high profile video game topics.
Mike1

Postby Mike1 » February 18th, 2012, 5:33 pm

After watching the classic 1978 film, I thought to myself, "why the heck isn't there a VIDEO GAME for this film"? There WAS a computer game called Zombi that closely followed the plot of that film, but that didn't really work. I want a full length Dawn of the Dead game, with the same voice actors doing new samples, were talking David Emge, Scott Reinger, Gaylen Ross, Ken Foree ect. ect.. Here are some things they could do.

-Follow the plot of the movie, as well as add new scenes.

-Use the ORIGINAL mall design, not the current Monroville Mall design.

-Have the different locations from the movie, were talking the TV station Apartment complex, farm pilot landing zone, and of course the MALL.

Make each enviroment completely explorable.

Be able to explore the mall yourself and shoot zombies as you please.

Switch characters any time in the game.

Lets make different causes have different effects, lets have brand new endings!

Any fans agree?

micky1

Postby micky1 » February 18th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Agreed but i think we will have to make do with Dead rising which is the closest we have despite its flaws. 

Stephen

Postby Stephen » February 18th, 2012, 11:51 pm

I LOVE the movie. I think the idea is great. I'd love to see a full blown DOTD game. Moving trucks to the entrances, taking out bikers. And it bummed me out, so I think being able to let roger survive would rock.

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » March 13th, 2012, 9:29 pm

Oh how i've longed for a game such as this. 

0-Storm

Postby 0-Storm » March 15th, 2012, 8:15 am

Good idea, but I like the newer Dawn of the Dead better. Gotta have Zombie babies.

TedE.Bear

Postby TedE.Bear » March 15th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Unless somebody does a homebrew game on a system older than PS2...I have no real vested interest in a DOTD video game.

Loved both versions of the movie and the first one is my favorite for nostalgic reasons....but the remake in 2003 is simply more TERRIFYING.

Like "The Walking Dead" TV show the first DOTD gave the feeling that you could survive a zombie plague.  Slow-moving and lumbering dead people can be manuvered around with a little patience & cunning.  It is your fellow surviving humans that will lead to your demise.....

But when the zombies rush at you with Carl Lewis-esque speed and energy like they do in the remake....it's all over. 

Stephen

Postby Stephen » March 16th, 2012, 1:59 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TedE.Bear

Loved both versions of the movie and the first one is my favorite for nostalgic reasons....but the remake in 2003 is simply more TERRIFYING.
[/QUOTE]
Different taste, the remake had so many differences, first off, the Zombies were fast, which to me made no sense, aren't they DEAD?!?! Second, zombie babies I could care less for. I saw the original in a drive in theater (yes, they existed), and I say the hand made make up simply has a charm. The original felt.....REAL. Not just in make up, but you could feel sympathy and emotion in the characters, actors genius (I met all the main characters in 85'), and am I the ONLY one who likes the Goblin synthesiser music BETTER? The remake is good in its own little right, but not worthy of the DOTD movie title.

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » April 21st, 2012, 9:42 pm

[QUOTE=0-Storm]

Good idea, but I like the newer Dawn of the Dead better. Gotta have Zombie babies.

[/QUOTE]

The effects of the original do it a disservice (pink blood?), but it is a superior film in my opinion. The humor balances out the gore more effectively. 

Dead Rising has to be one of the more disappointing games in recent memory. A great premise poorly executed.

Fingersdrippingink1

Postby Fingersdrippingink1 » April 23rd, 2012, 12:09 pm

The remake blows. I saw it in the theater with high hopes and had them duly crushed. The original is the best zombie movie ever. As for us gaming types, there is a mod for the PC version of Left 4 Dead 2 that apes the new movie pretty well, and is a satisfying play to boot. Give it a whirl...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dead-before-dawn

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » April 23rd, 2012, 4:07 pm

I always thought the original film was kind of overrated, I always prefered Day Of The Dead myself, I enjoyed the Dead Rising games(though I agree with the critic that the save point system wasn't very good) and I wouldn't mind seeing a DOTD game, though it would have to do quite a bit to set itself apart from the Dead Rising series.

Return to “Video Games General”