Which version do you prefer of the same game, PS3 or Xbox

General and high profile video game topics.
ajsmart1

Postby ajsmart1 » May 7th, 2012, 10:08 am

If it's a game I plan to play on-line, it will be the PS3 version.  I do very little on-line gaming, so I'm not really interested in paying for Live.  Outside of that, I'll get whichever version I can find cheaper.

Suplexmachine1

Postby Suplexmachine1 » May 7th, 2012, 4:42 pm

360 for multiplatform games.  They tend to run/look slightly better.  PS3 for exclusives.

TheLastNightmare1

Postby TheLastNightmare1 » May 14th, 2012, 10:33 pm

Depends on the game.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/category/head2head/

Whether you or not you agree with their verdicts, I prefer to see the differences for myself before making a purchase.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » May 15th, 2012, 3:46 am

The Xbox 360 definitely has better load times and anti-alising.

Also, the ability to install every game is a major plus. On the PS3, there are only a handful of titles that have an optional install, which is strange because some games could have really used it to cut down on load times and issues like late texture draw-in.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » May 15th, 2012, 10:29 am

I buy pretty much all my games for the PS3.  For me, the controller is just much more comfortable to use.  The games that come out for both systems are pretty much exactly the same (with only a few exceptions).  

My 360 is only for exclusive titles that I can't get anywhere else.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » May 15th, 2012, 11:54 am

I buy pretty much all my games for the 360.  For me, the controller is just much more comfortable to use.  The games that come out for both systems are pretty much exactly the same (with only a few exceptions).  

My PS3 is only for exclusive titles that I can't get anywhere else.
----------
JLH, we're like different sides of the same coin.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » May 15th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Hahaha...fair enough.  Some people like the Xbox controller better and granted for racing games and FPS it probably is slightly better designed.  However, I've been loving the dual shock design ever since the PS1....it just feels right in my hands.  

You gotta go with what's comfortable for your hand size and person preference!

ajsmart1

Postby ajsmart1 » May 15th, 2012, 3:29 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]Hahaha...fair enough.  Some people like the Xbox controller better and granted for racing games and FPS it probably is slightly better designed.  However, I've been loving the dual shock design ever since the PS1....it just feels right in my hands.  

You gotta go with what's comfortable for your hand size and person preference!
[/QUOTE]

I'm with you JLH.  I hope to be gaming with a Dual Shock for the next 3 Playstations.

Suplexmachine1

Postby Suplexmachine1 » May 15th, 2012, 11:05 pm

[QUOTE=TheLastNightmare]Depends on the game.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/category/head2head/

Whether you or not you agree with their verdicts, I prefer to see the differences for myself before making a purchase.
[/QUOTE]

I clearly said multiplatform games tend to run/look better on 360.  As in, most of the time.  Sometimes the odd PS3 title will be the better pick of the litter, but over the years it's usually been 360 who gets the slightly better version, usually when it's the lead console during development.

I've checked Lens of Truth and Digital Foundry for many years now:

http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » May 17th, 2012, 11:59 pm

I was at work today and I had  a customer bring in an xbox 360 game that they needed buffed to see if the game would work. I think this was probably about the 400th customer I've had (just an educated guess) that had brought in a game that their xbox had destroyed. In the year that I have worked there, I have never had a single customer bring in a ps3 game to fix, yet I have had countless 360 titles brought in. I can't imagine blowing $60 on a game and then having my fully functioning console dig a circle into my game. I think that is probably my #1 reason for sticking with the PS3 version most of the time unless it is an exclusive title. Thankfully I have never had a problem with my 360 (and that I work somewhere where I can make all my games look brand spanking new), but it happens quite frequently. Sadly, a lot of the rings on the game discs won't come out completely even after I have tried deep buffing the disc several times. It sucks and doesn't inspire my confidence in being a 360 owner.

Return to “Video Games General”