Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Rev1

Postby Rev1 » May 27th, 2012, 1:38 pm

I finally snagged a copy of Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu on eBay for a very reasonable price and have been playing it off and on for the last couple days. I totally agree with the Critic and this is a great game for the Turbografx 16. It doesn't have much text at all (if any) so I'm pretty sure if you snagged a cheaper PC engine copy that you would have no problems with the game.

I find the special moves fun to use although I am not sure if I am using them all at this point. I can't find any sort of controls for the game online, so if you know any other ones other then the 360 kick and the fireball please let me know. The only sad part about the game is that it is fairly short, although I can see myself coming back to this game over and over again. The graphics are colorful and the characters are quite large and easy to see. It really uses the Turbografx's extra color pallet to the fullest.

So anyone else play this game? I'm having quite a blast with it. Also, does anyone know all the special moves? I would appreciate a run down of the moves if you've got one.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » May 28th, 2012, 11:44 am

ah well, I can't believe I missed this originally. The power ups that the frogs gives you vary thus you can get the other special moves. I'm pretty sure it is at random. Totally didn't even realize this.

Return to “Now Playing”