Bands that deserve Guitar Hero games.

General and high profile video game topics.
steephen1

Postby steephen1 » September 2nd, 2012, 8:46 pm

Hello everyone, what bands should have a Guitar Hero™ game? Here a few of mine.

Kix. As an excellent band who originated from Baltimore, they have so many kick ass tunes (can anyone even FIND a bad Kix song?) I think it would be an excellent party game.

Venom. As my favorite band EVER (what metal fan didn't have Welcome to Hell in the early 80's?) I think it would be a killer package. So many good songs, so little time.

Cronos. As a solo band formed from an ex Venom member, the bands two albums could be fit into one disk (hell, Dancing in the Fire ALONE would make it worth 60 bucks!).

What are YOUR bands?

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » September 5th, 2012, 12:03 pm

I REALLY want to see Annihilator in a GH game, they're one of the best thrash bands around, it's a crying shame that they never became as famous as any of the big four.

I agree with Kix, i'd also like to see some Ratt and Firehouse.

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » September 6th, 2012, 8:52 pm

gotta agree, annihilator would be awesome, i think a sabbath guitar hero would be awesome, and i dont just mean ozzy/sabbath, i mean every era of sabbath as they all deserve the credit and some great underrated stuff from the other line ups and vocalists!

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » September 7th, 2012, 12:02 am

Nirvana and Pearl Jam definitely were huge enough that they deserve Guitar Hero games. Maybe R.E.M. as well or Rage Against the Machine. All great bands that deserve shots since they were and still are big enough.

Muse is another one. Very talented band that's also pretty big, as well as Pink Floyd. Floyd definitely needs it.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » September 7th, 2012, 5:57 am

Rock Band: Led Zeppelin would be epic. But I seriously doubt it would ever happen. Especially now that the music genre is pretty dead right now. Activision and Harmonix just beat that genre into the ground

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » September 7th, 2012, 11:33 pm

I think Jimi Hendrix or Meat Loaf would make for some great Rock Band games. I would also say Elvis Presley but I've noticed that there's not a single Elvis song on any Guitar Hero or Rock Band game. Maybe there's a copyright issue there.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » September 8th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Well, how many Elvis songs feature heavy guitar? Jailhouse Rock is about the only that comes to mind and that's being generous

That's why The Beatles Rock Band game didn't do so hot - most of their songs are pretty light on the guitar, and slightly heavier on percussion. Certain songs like Revolution and Helter Skelter fared much better but yet they were pretty simple riffs.

This is also why Guitar Hero: Metallica is considered the best in the series - it's both challenging and fun to play.

I tried playing The Beatles game and got bored very quickly, and I LOVE The Beatles. But the game just didn't jive well outside of the fancy on-screen animation artwork that was done for it

TimPossible1

Postby TimPossible1 » September 8th, 2012, 8:37 pm

I vote for Culture Club

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » September 8th, 2012, 9:27 pm

King Crimson
The Smiths
BOOWY
Gang of Four
Public Image Ltd
KMFDM
Killing Joke

steephen1

Postby steephen1 » September 8th, 2012, 11:29 pm

I haven't played GH Metallica, mainly because I'm not a fan of ...and justice for all, black album death magnetic ect..

I'd also have to throw in Judas Priest, Green Jello, Dio, Foreigner, Styx, Kingdom come, Reo speedwagon, Steve miller, L.A guns, Winger, Dokken, Twisted Sister, and the Scorpions.

Return to “Video Games General”