Bands that deserve Guitar Hero games.

General and high profile video game topics.
m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » September 9th, 2012, 12:59 am

I would love a version with The Smiths.  I've always wanted to pretend to be Johnny Marr.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » September 9th, 2012, 9:16 am

[QUOTE=steephen]I haven't played GH Metallica, mainly because I'm not a fan of ...and justice for all, black album death magnetic ect.. I'd also have to throw in Judas Priest, Green Jello, Dio, Foreigner, Styx, Kingdom come, Reo speedwagon, Steve miller, L.A guns, Winger, Dokken, Twisted Sister, and the Scorpions.[/QUOTE]

I think "Rocks the 80s" version has songs by Twisted Sister, Dio, and the Scorpions.

steephen1

Postby steephen1 » September 9th, 2012, 11:25 am

As you can see, I'm from the "golden ages" of rock and metal. I remember when the grunge seen came along, but I absolutely hated Nirvana. I DID like Alice in chains and Faith no more, but I was STILL jamming to those classic tunes. I would pull up into the school parking lot to drop off James at his high school and people would just look, disgusted. I STILL spin Vinyl records, I STILL play along to Get it on by Kingdom come. I'm a "nostalgic nut". I'm glad to see these tunes and bands are coming back. I go to the M3 rock festival every year in Columbia (right outside of Baltimore) every year. And Scott, who lives rights outside the forest by the second stage, just walks up and watches.

Glad to see people still care about old school rock'n roll!

NewModelArmy1

Postby NewModelArmy1 » September 9th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Big Country
Men At Work
and of course...New Model Army

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » September 9th, 2012, 7:42 pm

[QUOTE=steephen]As you can see, I'm from the "golden ages" of rock and metal. I remember when the grunge seen came along, but I absolutely hated Nirvana. I DID like Alice in chains and Faith no more, but I was STILL jamming to those classic tunes. I would pull up into the school parking lot to drop off James at his high school and people would just look, disgusted. I STILL spin Vinyl records, I STILL play along to Get it on by Kingdom come. I'm a "nostalgic nut". I'm glad to see these tunes and bands are coming back. I go to the M3 rock festival every year in Columbia (right outside of Baltimore) every year. And Scott, who lives rights outside the forest by the second stage, just walks up and watches. Glad to see people still care about old school rock'n roll![/QUOTE]

Say what you can about Nirvana, they're one of my favorite bands. Also, the helped save legitimate rock music because most of the bands in the late 80's were all pretty much the same, and it was getting old really fast. Then Alternative Rock came and made things fresh again. 

I'm also a big Alice in Chains fan. Such a shame Layne Staley took his life away from the heroin, he was a truly talented vocalist.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » September 9th, 2012, 7:59 pm

[QUOTE=Blueguy]Also, the helped save legitimate rock music because most of the bands in the late 80's were all pretty much the same, and it was getting old really fast. Then Alternative Rock came and made things fresh again.[/QUOTE]

Alternative rock was around well before the 90s and well before Nirvana.  It was actually around well before the 80s.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » September 9th, 2012, 8:09 pm

[QUOTE=m0zart][QUOTE=Blueguy]Also, the helped save legitimate rock music because most of the bands in the late 80's were all pretty much the same, and it was getting old really fast. Then Alternative Rock came and made things fresh again.[/QUOTE]

Alternative rock was around well before the 90s and well before Nirvana.  It was actually around well before the 80s.[/QUOTE]

I meant into the mainstream in the 90's. My bad.

CoyT921

Postby CoyT921 » September 9th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Speaking of the whole Seattle alt. rock scene, I think Alice in Chains definitely deserves a Guitar Hero game. Jerry's crushing riffs and memorable solos, the melodic nature of their music, Inez and Starr's killer bass lines, it's a perfect fit. 

Then again I'm biased, I'm a sucker for the rock music from that era...so many great bands. 

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » September 10th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Dio!!!! 'nuff said lol, just my opinion though

weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » July 7th, 2014, 7:20 pm

anyone else have a problem? Where you click to "next" page button, and it takes you to a fall banner page?

Return to “Video Games General”