Halloween Games

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Halloween Games

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 17th, 2012, 5:01 pm

It's time to gear up for Halloween.  I plan on reviewing the following over the coming weeks:
Obscure (Wii)
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (360)
Silent Hill Downpour (360)

I'm open to suggestions.

What are you guys planning to play?

steephen1

Halloween Games

Postby steephen1 » September 17th, 2012, 6:40 pm

I'll be playing some Ghosts and Goblins the arcade game at the local bowling alley. Critic, I have a suggestion, it's not completely Halloween based, but does have a big halloween world. Some say it's a hidden gem, but I hate it. I'd still recommend it, but just because I wanna see you review it. It's called 40 winks for the PS1.

darkrage61

Halloween Games

Postby darkrage61 » September 17th, 2012, 9:25 pm

I'm planning on finally playing Resident Evil 5, took me a lot longer then expected to get around to it. 

I think you should give Dead Rising 2: Off The Record a try, as it improves on DR2 in several ways.  First off, the save system is MUCH more forgiving, as the game autosaves every time you move from one area to the next, also while you do need to get Zombrex for Frank, you can inject it at any time.  Plus, you might find Frank's fighting style easier to master then Chuck's.  A couple of the bosses are also made easier(like Antoine the chef).

Blueguy1

Halloween Games

Postby Blueguy1 » September 17th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Critic, please don't forget to get the N64 version of Resident Evil 2 this year. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the PS1 version.

Burk1

Halloween Games

Postby Burk1 » September 18th, 2012, 12:18 am

You have already reviewed it,but I have been sitting on a copy of Jersey Devil for ps1 and never tried it. It seems like my kind of game,and perfect for Halloween.

CoyT921

Halloween Games

Postby CoyT921 » September 18th, 2012, 3:33 am

I think I'll play Manhunt again...though not really a Halloween game, it's so brutal and atmospheric.

And Piggsy is probably the most terrifying character in any video game, ever

JustLikeHeaven1

Halloween Games

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » September 18th, 2012, 11:48 am

Critic you should get a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw.  The PS3 version is $36 on amazon right now.  Its a nice short game that you could probably crank out a review in a weekend.

Also any chance you pick up the critically acclaimed Dead Island?  Or how about Yakuza Dead Souls?  

There is plenty of zombie mayhem to be had on the consoles this year! 

Shogun1

Halloween Games

Postby Shogun1 » September 18th, 2012, 6:20 pm

I'll probably end up trying to play through all of the Resident Evil games I have for my GameCube. Should be fun though I'll never get used to the control scheme for the fixed camera angle RE games. I'll also probably play through all the Castlevania games I have.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Halloween Games

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 18th, 2012, 7:38 pm

I will definitely be playing RE2 (N64).

Also, I have be playing Dead Island over the summer so that review will be ready soon.

snakeboy1

Halloween Games

Postby snakeboy1 » September 18th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Maybe it's because it has felt like we've had about seven straight months of summer, but I am really ready for fall and I've gotten into the Halloween spirit early this year. 

For the last couple of weeks, I've been playing a lot of Castlevania (Just downloaded Dracula X on the Wii Virtual Console a couple of weeks ago) and Ghosts and Goblins/Ghouls and Ghosts.  I also picked up a copy of Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES) off of ebay and have been playing that the last few days. 

I'm also planning to play Clock Tower and Fatal Frame.  Both of those have been sitting untouched on the shelf the last couple of years, and I want to finally get around to playing them.

Return to “Video Games General”