Wii U Predictions?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Shogun1

Wii U Predictions?

Postby Shogun1 » October 8th, 2012, 6:49 pm

I don't think it will do well with third parties. The GameCube did not have third party support, the Wii certainly did not have third party support and the Wii U will probably only get support from Ubisoft, EA, and Activision. It will not be a repeat of the Wii. It is going away from what made the Wii attractive to customers which was an intuitive and simple way to play games. It is also too expensive and Nintendo just had to make the Black Console the more expensive one. Paying $300-350 plus the cost of games and controllers cannot be looked upon favorably in this economy.

Personally though there are Wii U games I would like to play but I think I'll hold off on buying the console until I see what the game library looks like in the long run.

Irenicus1

Wii U Predictions?

Postby Irenicus1 » October 8th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Mario- Well I read that Call of Duty will be on the WiiU. Also I heard that Nintendo is working towards getting their online infrastructure better & that they are working harder at getting 3rd party support. Still it will probably be mostly Mario games, but I think we'll see more adult-like games on the WiiU than we did the Wii.

steephen- I'm not following your logic. Releasing a system in 2012 with the graphical abilities that we've seen from 2006 just doesn't make any sense to me. Nintendo may be able to pull it off, but I wish they wouldn't.

steephen1

Wii U Predictions?

Postby steephen1 » October 8th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Well odds are I won't stick around very long, I'll buy the games I want, then I'll go BACK to the Genesis!

PinMike86661

Wii U Predictions?

Postby PinMike86661 » October 8th, 2012, 9:59 pm

I don't see that happening until probably the 2030s (at worst); Nintendo is the wealthiest video game company ever right now and the Wii U will rival the worldwide sales of the PlayStation 3 at the very least. Even if they do place last in every region (which I think is unlikely to happen), I still see them making a couple more consoles and continue on with portables.

I predict the Wii U will sell around 68-72 million units and be the highest selling console of the next generation; handhelds will continue to dominate sales with the 3DS and Vita selling 98 and 55 million units, respectively. Mobile phones and tablets will have some impact on this next generation, as well.

Fingersdrippingink1

Wii U Predictions?

Postby Fingersdrippingink1 » October 8th, 2012, 10:36 pm

I predict I'm going to have one on launch day with 5 games.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oltobaz1

Wii U Predictions?

Postby Oltobaz1 » October 9th, 2012, 2:04 am

I'm gonna get it, maybe on aunch, maybe for Christmas. Not sure yet. I'm not too impressed with the first batch of games, but I know mysef, it won't stop me, lol.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Wii U Predictions?

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 10th, 2012, 5:22 pm

Is it easy to preorder this?

ActRaiser1

Wii U Predictions?

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 10th, 2012, 6:16 pm

I've heard most places are sold out for pre-orders.  However, I found this.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wal-mart-nintendo-wii-u-store-pre-orders-start-on-oct-14

Looks like you can get one in store at Walmart on the 14th.

NewModelArmy1

Wii U Predictions?

Postby NewModelArmy1 » October 10th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Pre orders being sold out does not mean too much. Does anybody have an idea how many units were allocated per store? I wonder if this will be sold out like the Wii was....something like 12 to 18 months after launch they were flying off the shelves.

funky_muzic1

Wii U Predictions?

Postby funky_muzic1 » October 17th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Hey VGC regulars!
I think the Wii U will be quite successful. Other than the great Nintendo games that will come out for the console (and don't take that statement lightly) there are some other unique functions that could help to sell units.
I'm intrigued by Miiverse. It seems like Nintendo is almost doing a Facebook type social media program that is focused only on gaming. We'll have to wait another month or so to see, but I can imagine that it would be great for getting people together that like to talk about games (like this site).
TVii is interesting too. It seems like that software will make it a lot easier for someone who is trying to replace cable with Netflix, Hula, etc... Plus it will turn the Wii U gamepad into your remote control.
I also like the video phone functions of the Wii U gamepad. It seems like you would only be able to use it with other people that have a Wii U, but it's still a cool idea. And if anyone else in my family gets one, then we're likely to put it to good use.
Granted take it with a grain of salt, because I've been on board from day 1. I have my Wii U pre-ordered, and I will get mine on the day it's released, just like I did for the Wii, Gamecube, N64, and SNES!

Return to “Modern Gaming”