Halo 4 Vs. Black Ops 2

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Halo 4 Vs. Black Ops 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 18th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Today I began the process of reviewing these two first person shooters.  I'd figure I'd offer some early impressions of the campaign modes.

I was expecting Halo 4 to be a major departure from the previous games, since there's a new developer working on it.  However this was not the case.  All the same enemies and environments are back.  Likewise the controls are still the same.  It's a perfectly good game but don't expect this to deviate from the formula.  Cortana does look a heck of a lot hotter in this game. 

Black Ops 2 is as I expected.  The game has a convoluted storyline that's played out in diverse missions from different locations and time periods.  The gameplay is really intense and you never really know what's going to happen next.  So far I prefer this over Halo 4.

Both games have split-screen modes supporting up to 4 players, which I'm looking forward to testing.  I will also give the on-line multiplayer a go, although that's not really my thing.

darkrage61

Halo 4 Vs. Black Ops 2

Postby darkrage61 » November 18th, 2012, 4:15 pm

I loved Black Ops 2, there's so many different choices you can make to impact the outcome of the story and every level there's something different at you, I especially loved taking control of the drones, I know some critics didn't like the strike force missions but I thought they worked really well and I never had any problems with them.

Don't have Halo 4 yet, i'll probably wait until the price goes down on that one.

NewModelArmy1

Halo 4 Vs. Black Ops 2

Postby NewModelArmy1 » November 18th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Ya I am going through the Halo 4 campaign now....kind of boring. However, the multiplayer is much better then previous games. It has more of a Call of Duty feel...which is to say it is a bit more fast paced.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Halo 4 Vs. Black Ops 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 25th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Here's an update.  When it comes to the campaigns, Black Ops 2 is far more exciting than Halo 4.  Black Ops 2 is a thrill ride.  Halo 4 feels like the same old Halo with new stages.  That doesn't mean it's not good.  The graphics and stage designs are impressive.  But Black Ops 2 is better - fantastic really.

I tried the multiplayer split-screen in both.  Halo 4 was a pain to set up (required install) and the options were confusing.  Black Ops 2 allowed you to toss in "bots" which really increases the chaos factor.  I think they are about a draw when it comes to fun factor.

Astrosmasher1

Halo 4 Vs. Black Ops 2

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 25th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Halo 4 is 10 out of 10 in my book.  The multiplayer is dead easy... split screen?  Wow that is really old hat... never tried it....
I bought the limited edition.  Which comes with a Halo movie... pretty good...
some Avatar stuff  excellent

14 days of xbox live
 and all the add ons for free...

also there are spartan ops... which they are releasing one a week... think of horde mode with a good story....the surround sound is outstanding...

the main game is great... the new enemies mean you have to plan your attacks in a different way...

The main game last 15 hours for me...unlike when I played Black ops one which I beat in one sitting... that is why i did not get BO2... also I like fantasy violence....Black ops is too much like learning to fight in afganistan for me...

Return to “Modern Gaming”