Missing Atari 2600 Reviews?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Crock1

Postby Crock1 » December 11th, 2012, 9:45 am

Came here to say Spitfire Attack (the only other Milton Bradley game).  Looks like someone beat me to it

Pacman0001

Postby Pacman0001 » December 11th, 2012, 12:40 pm

There was a Tertris homebrew; it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on that. (Actually, I think there's more than one.)

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 11th, 2012, 4:57 pm

[QUOTE=starblazers][QUOTE=videogamecritic]Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I definitely have Submarine Commander - don't know why there's no review.[/QUOTE]

Do you have Submarine Commander on cartridge or will you be using the Atari Flash Back 4?[/QUOTE]

I actually had a real copy.  

Crock1

Postby Crock1 » December 30th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Hey Critic....  In addition to Spitfire Attack (2600) which I already mentioned, another biggie that I see missing is Star Trek (Colecovision)....

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 30th, 2012, 10:00 pm

I'm pretty sure I own Spitfire Attack - thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Is Star Trek for Colecovision good?

Crock1

Postby Crock1 » December 30th, 2012, 10:58 pm

I personally think Star Trek on the Colecovision one of the best home conversions of the arcade game.  But I'll defer final judgement to the expert in the house (i.e. you )

goldenband1

Postby goldenband1 » January 10th, 2013, 1:29 am

I only found three in my own collection that you haven't reviewed yet.  All are fairly common:

Bridge
Sneak 'N' Peek
Summer Games (already mentioned by another poster)

I can see skipping Bridge, but I think the other two deserve a review.  Sneak 'N' Peek is kinda fun if you approach it in the right frame of mind.

Of course I'd love to see more rarities, homebrews, weird PAL games (e.g. Forest and Walker), and prototypes get reviewed too, including the Lord of the Rings game.  That one haunted me as a kid after seeing the ads for it, but how cool to get to play it after all those years!

Danvankleef1

Postby Danvankleef1 » January 15th, 2013, 10:13 am

This got me going back through my collection, and two games I enjoy were also missing, although they are a bit rare. One is Mogul Maniac, a first person skiing game that had its own accessory called the joyboard, a kind of predecessor to the Wii Fit board. Also missing is Wall Ball, a sort of breakout game, but from the perspective of a racquetball court. I highly recommend this one if you can find it.

Long time reader, first post, thanks for your hard work, I kill a lot of time on this site, and it's kept me from investing in some bad games as well as helped me find some great ones!

Crock1

Postby Crock1 » February 18th, 2013, 11:54 am

Do my eyes deceive me, or is Intellivision Zaxxon missing?

goldenband1

Postby goldenband1 » March 4th, 2013, 2:48 pm

Nope, it's missing. A bit OT, but here's what the VGC hasn't yet covered for the Intellivision:

Regular releases (non-educational): ABPA Backgammon, Beamrider, Blockade Runner, Checkers, Commando, Congo Bongo, Fathom, Las Vegas Roulette, Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing, Pole Position, Reversi, River Raid, Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball, Stadium Mud Buggies, Super Cobra, Super Pro Decathlon, Tutankham, USCF Chess, World Cup Soccer, Zaxxon

Regular releases (educational): The Jetsons' Way With Words (ECS), Math Fun, Melody Blaster (ECS), Mr. Basic Meets Bits and Bytes (ECS), Word Fun

Regular releases (compilations and re-releases, don't need to be reviewed individually): Learning Fun I, Learning Fun II, Triple Challenge

Repro releases: Adventures of Tron, Choplifter, Deep Pockets Super Pro Billiards, Flintstones' Keyboard Fun (ECS, educational), Illusions, King of the Mountain, Scarfinger, Yogi's Frustration

Homebrews: 4-Tris

Some of these are obviously quite rare and expensive, and others don't really need to be reviewed or aren't in the VGC's wheelhouse.  But it's a little unexpected that Zaxxon hasn't been covered, nor Beamrider, Commando, Pole Position and River Raid.  And King of the Mountain is awesome, I hope he was able to get a copy of that.

If he reviews Blockade Runner, I think I can predict the grade with a little eFfort. 

Return to “Classic Gaming”