8/8/2006: Nintendo DS: Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Super Black Bass Fishing, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, True Swing Golf

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
sega saturn x

8/8/2006: Nintendo DS: Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Super Black Bass Fishing, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, True Swing Golf

Postby sega saturn x » August 10th, 2006, 10:40 am

When you're use to having nothing to play I guess 5 games seems like a flood.

Johnson73

Postby Johnson73 » August 10th, 2006, 1:05 pm

Just as a bit of advice- whenever a system is in a dry spell (like the DS is now) I would really recommend importing.  Some of the DS' best games like Band Brothers and Ouendan require very little or no knowledge of the Japanese language (I would know).  It'll cost you about $50, but would you rather pay that much for one of the best games on the system or $30 for a mediocre game just because it is the only thing being released?

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 10th, 2006, 1:46 pm

...I remember when Nintendo had a RULE that companies could not create more than a few games a YEAR!-they wanted to ensure the "crash" did not recur by the market being flooded with bad games. I guess now we know thats not the case. There are just as many junk games being released now as back in the 80's for consoles, yet people continue to buy. I myself never notice a "drought" since I can afford one new game a month, possibly two if one is discounted, usually. I usually buy carefully, but I will take a chance on a bad game if it is REALLY cheap (I knew retro Atari DS was not very good but for $9.99 it was worth it just for asteroids and centipede!) .... Maybe I will buy Dig Dug:strike or Bass fishing if they show up in the bargain bin! (:

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 10th, 2006, 2:15 pm

[QUOTE]Maybe I will buy Dig Dug:strike or Bass fishing if they show up in the bargain bin! (:  [/QUOTE]

They already are.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » August 10th, 2006, 4:03 pm

SSX five games is roughly what let's say minimum 30 hours each so 150 hours in total.  Over a two month period that is 2 hours 30 minutes per day.  How much freetime do you have man?  Those were only the top scoring games I highlighted by the way.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 10th, 2006, 4:58 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

SSX five games is roughly what let's say minimum 30 hours each so 150 hours in total.  Over a two month period that is 2 hours 30 minutes per day.  How much freetime do you have man?  Those were only the top scoring games I highlighted by the way.

[/QUOTE]

Who the hell plays every game for 30 hours?  I seriously doubt anyone will be logging in 30 hours to prey.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » August 10th, 2006, 8:00 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

[/QUOTE]
Come on monkey, if anyone here claimed 5 games was a lot of games in two months for the Cube a couple years back you wouldn't have agreed.  You'd have said an average of 2.5 games to choose from a month is a slow trickle of titles. 
With the 360, welcome to the land of Nintendo for right now.  High quality, low quantity.  It's what I prefer in my systems.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » August 11th, 2006, 4:34 am

There have been more games released but I only HIGHLIGHTED the ones with the top scores.

The fact is the Gamecube hasn't had 5 greatgames per year for the last two years.

In terms of quality the Dreamcast and the XBox never really did any stronger during this time of year, 5 top quality titles in under two months is very good for the summer.

And yes Prey could well log 30 hours gameplay thanks to its multiplayer mode.

So far on my 360 titles I have logged:

-25 hours on RR6 and I am nowhere even near half way through that game.  It is not uncommon for people to log 110 hours or more.

-GRAW I have logged about 35 hours and I haven't even played online yet.

-PDZ I have probably logged around20 hours and I haven't even completed the game on Perfect Agent, let alone Dark Agent yet.  And I hardly have any of the multiplayer achievements. In fact I haven't even gotten around to seeing some of the multiplayer maps.

-Kameo is only a recent purchase so I have only logged 13 hours on that one.  Was starting to go through the rankings mode which will take a long time to master, apparantly A rankings are rock hard to get and then I also need to rexplore the ENTIRE game to find all the elemental fruits and elixirs to get that achievement.  So in total that may well exceed the 30 hour mark, especially trying to get the A rankings on co-op.

So really 30 hours is not that hard to do on a 360 title.  Prey's single player is what? 10 hours?  Add on to that all the multiplayer fun which looks totally cool.  I mean Quake style deathmatch is awesome anyway without all the cool ideas they have added.  5 games also equates to £150-200.  Not many people can spend that much in under 2 months (I consider all those titles really to be necessary purchases).  Not to mention the previously noted XBLA games.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » August 11th, 2006, 9:17 am

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

There have been more games released but I only HIGHLIGHTED the ones with the top scores.

The fact is the Gamecube hasn't had 5 greatgames per year for the last two years.

[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry sir, but your crazy is showing.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » August 11th, 2006, 9:43 am

To elaborate on my last post, here's a list of 5 games that were released two years ago (I won't do this year because you'll disagree with my picks) that I think are easily great:
Pikmin 2
Donkey Konga
Paper Mario the thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2 (not my deal, but incredibly solid nonetheless)
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Now, that's ignoring the fact that supposedly great Splinter Cell stuff and prince of Persia stuff have also found their way onto the Cube in that time (so I guess you hate those franchises like me  then).  Also, I'm not including RE4, because I haven't played it.  Also, I'm assuming no one else here is a big enough pro wrestling fan to rate Day of Reckoning as great, although it's my favorite wrestling game of all time.  Also, I stopped at 5 to make the point. 

Thus, your statement appeared to me to be the ravings of a madman or at least, a blind and deaf man.

Return to “Review Feedback”