Microleague Baseball (Atari XEGS)

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 20th, 2013, 6:18 pm

I recently picked up a used copy of Microleague Baseball for my Atari XEGS.  This used to be an old favorite of mine when I had my first computer (an Atari 1200XL).  

Anyway I fired this up (on my 27" Toshiba CRT) and the field is red and the fence is green!  The colors are definitely wrong - reversed really.  The rest of my Atari XE games look fine.  Could this be a compatibility issue with the XEGS?  I vaguely recall the game used a special technique to render its graphics.  Or do you think I just got a bad copy of the game?

Help!!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 4th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Just to follow up on this game I meant to review at the start of LAST year's baseball season.  As it turns out, it is the Atari XEGS screwing up the colors.

I recently acquired a regular Atari 800XL computer, and the game looks fine running on that system.

Apparently Microleague baseball used an innovative dithering method to render the field, but the XEGS doesn't handle this right resulting in a pink field.

So hopefully you'll get a Microleague review soon, along with Star League Baseball, which I recently picked up.

Teddybear1

Postby Teddybear1 » April 5th, 2014, 8:08 am

Will be looking forward to the Star League Baseball review.....there wasn't a better baseball game made for the C-64 or Atari computers.

Return to “Classic Gaming”