8/11/2006: Genesis: Eternal Champions, Street Fighter II Championship Edition, Super Street Fighter II

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Tremo01

8/11/2006: Genesis: Eternal Champions, Street Fighter II Championship Edition, Super Street Fighter II

Postby Tremo01 » August 12th, 2006, 11:21 am

Ok now go review Super Street Fighter 2 X grand master challenge on the 3DO.

Tremo01

Postby Tremo01 » August 12th, 2006, 11:25 am

....Or as it's known here Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

Zen444

Postby Zen444 » August 12th, 2006, 11:48 am

What about Eternal Champions for the Sega CD?

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 12th, 2006, 12:04 pm

[QUOTE=Tremo01]Ok now go review Super Street Fighter 2 X grand master challenge on the 3DO.
[/QUOTE]

He already did.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 12th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Although the SNES Street Fighter has more colors, I too prefer playing Super Street Fighter 2 (my favorite) on Genesis. The game simply plays better. And I always turn the volume on my TV wayyyyy up for this game, otherwise I can barely hear it- I know the Genesis is supposed to have INFERIOR sounds but Dam, dey don't have to be that LOW! Try playing TF3 or any Genesis game on what you consider normal volume then put if SSF2- deedeedeedee
deedee deeeee.... you gotta crank it up HIGH to hear a thing! What gives with that?

Oh and yes critic, Eternal Champions is far better on CD! Great music and cool hidden characters like a chicken and rat!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 12th, 2006, 3:23 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]Although the SNES Street Fighter has more colors, I too prefer playing Super Street Fighter 2 (my favorite) on Genesis. The game simply plays better. And I always turn the volume on my TV wayyyyy up for this game, otherwise I can barely hear it- I know the Genesis is supposed to have INFERIOR sounds but Dam, dey don't have to be that LOW! Try playing TF3 or any Genesis game on what you consider normal volume then put if SSF2- deedeedeedee
deedee deeeee.... you gotta crank it up HIGH to hear a thing! What gives with that?

Oh and yes critic, Eternal Champions is far better on CD! Great music and cool hidden characters like a chicken and rat![/QUOTE]

Actually I reviewed Eternal Champions CD at the same time I reviewed the Genesis one.  And as you know, hidden chickens almost always merit an A.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 12th, 2006, 4:50 pm

D'OH! Critic, when you re-review a game you've reviewed in another format don't you think you should mention it? First, if the CD got an A (Mutant Chickens 4evah!), you should say " If you want a GOOD EC game, play the Sega Cd version!" which would A) point us to that review and more importantly B) stop us from asking repeatedly why you didn't "play THAT version!".....just a thought!

So can someone tell me why the Audio in SSF2/Genesis is turned down so LOW compared to "normal" genny games?! (I'm not talking QUALITY I'm talking VOLUME; on half-volume on my Tv-my normal game level-Genny SSF2 sounds almost MUTE!)

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » August 12th, 2006, 7:24 pm

the controls on sf II really shine on the genesis. and even die hard snes fans have to admit, this version beats the original sfII on the SNES (you have to compare special on the genny to turbo on the snes). but its really a moot point these days, with the anniversary collection available on xbox and ps2.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 12th, 2006, 9:07 pm

[QUOTE=chrisbid]the controls on sf II really shine on the genesis. and even die hard snes fans have to admit, this version beats the original sfII on the SNES (you have to compare special on the genny to turbo on the snes). but its really a moot point these days, with the anniversary collection available on xbox and ps2.[/QUOTE]

It was moot back on the psx and saturn days too.

playgeneration

Postby playgeneration » August 13th, 2006, 5:32 am

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]

[QUOTE=chrisbid]the controls on sf II really shine on the genesis. and even die hard snes fans have to admit, this version beats the original sfII on the SNES (you have to compare special on the genny to turbo on the snes). but its really a moot point these days, with the anniversary collection available on xbox and ps2.[/QUOTE]

It was moot back on the psx and saturn days too.

[/QUOTE]

Not really i prefer playing the megadrive version of the the PS1 as you dont have to put up with load times.

Return to “Review Feedback”